Why so few people for the intimate wedding?

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
My sister really wants a Disney wedding!We have a total of 10 people instead of 8. That eliminates her for the intimate wedding. We have a small family and I cant see paying a minimum of $7,500 for the custom wedding because there are 2 people more than the intimate wedding allows.And one of the extra people is a child! There is no way anyone could be eliminated. It is just the immediate family.
Im wondering if there are any ways around this?

I did call Disney weddings today and the 2002 packages arent finished yet. The woman, who I
might add was so nice, said there may be a package in between the intimate and custom wedding coming out in 2002. I think she said it would be an English garden type wedding at the Disney Institute.

We had an "add on" intmate wedding package and were able to have up to 22 people (20 + bride and groom). I don't know of the rules are the same, but its worth asking.

My sales manager told me the same thing about the new package. Here are a few details.

Ceremony & reception at the Gardens in the Disney Institute. The minimum expenditure will be $5000 and you will be able to have up to 25 or 30 people. Food, beverage, photography (if you use Disney), transportation, flowers, etc, etc apply to the $5000 minimum. Basically all the same things that apply to the $7500 minimum for the Custom wedding. You would need to guarantee 25 room nights (for you and your guests). I've see pictures of where they will be holding the cocktail hour and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Supposedly all the 2002 packages/pricing will be available in September. BUT - Remember that no pricing is guarantted until 6 mos prior to the wedding. I don't think the $5000 minimum would go up, but the price of the things towards that minimum (like food or flowers) might go up.

Lori

We had an Intimate Wedding at WL and there were 16 of us. We weren't charged anything extra. I really don't see what it matters, so they have to pour a couple extra glasses of champagne, (the kids didn't have any anyway, so there wasn't really any extra) Couldn't they just charge for the extra champane? I agree with d-r, ask and keep asking. I think their motive is just to sell the more expensive wedding. Trust me, if you have 2 extra people show up at the Intimate Wedding, no one is going to blink an eye.

they're really strict about the intimate wedding numbers now...i think that was partially the motivating force behind the new package. now that they have the new package, i really doubt they'd let anyone over the max for the intimates. :)

it would seem that they could allow the extra two, if only for a min. charge (another min. chg)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter