Wicked Wind Down or Fireworks Cruise

RoseMom

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide which one to do during our upcoming summer trip, Wicked Wind Down at TOWL or Fireworks Cruise (not the DVC one but the private one with just our party). We have never done either but looking to do something different this trip. It will be 9 of us (3 adults, 2 older adults, and 4 kids ages 5,5,10, and 13). Which one have you all enjoyed the most?

Trying to decide which one to do during our upcoming summer trip, Wicked Wind Down at TOWL or Fireworks Cruise (not the DVC one but the private one with just our party). We have never done either but looking to do something different this trip. It will be 9 of us (3 adults, 2 older adults, and 4 kids ages 5,5,10, and 13). Which one have you all enjoyed the most?
Only have done the ‘free’ version of A Villian’s Lair and thought it was very nice. I’d say it’s more of a couples or adult thing though, kids would probably have a lot more fun on the cruise. Dont imagine the cost would be too different if you are paying for 9 for WWD.

Attachments

• IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
I have not done the Fireworks Cruise. I have done Wicked Wind Down twice. I agree with the previous poster that with kids, the cruise would be more fun.

There isn't anything happening at Wicked Wind Down other than a screen with rotating pictures of villains. When the fireworks start, you can go outside to watch and hear the music.

The food is not quite enough for a dinner (although with 9 people it might be) but is a lot for a snack. Each "adult" gets one appetizer and one dessert -- we always end up with an extra cake to take with us. Each person also gets 1 drink, but the non-alcoholic drinks are not exciting.

I only did the cruise in 2010. It was not worth it to me. Just my daughter, for her 21st birthday and me.
We were supposed to have a private cruise, but the guy had another family in our boat, when we arrived after dining at Victoria & Albert's. That family thanked us several times. I still think he just let some friends or people in our private boat cruise, but I didn't make a fuss.
It was actually boring waiting for the fireworks to start. Awkward with strangers in our boat, we couldn't just talk and enjoy as we would have. The guy was new, he said, and it showed. He didn't really know what to do, how to chat to fill the time, etc.
Our experience was not the special event it was meant to be.
With your large group, they can't sneak others on, and you all can keep each other entertained.

We've done both, enjoyed both. My vote would be for the cruise, mostly because you will have 4 children along. If the timing is right, you might even get a close up view of the Electrical Water Pageant. :)

IMO, the lounge itself would be boring for the kids (it's really just a themed bar) and the food, not all that kid-friendly, except for the cake. :) The private area of the deck is nice for fireworks viewing, but there is a chest-high wall that might make it difficult for the younger ones to see. Of course, they will mostly be looking up, but still....

Whatever you decide, have fun. :)

I was on a Magic kingdom fireworks cruise with a group of friends a few years ago. I'm not into fireworks cruises and won't be bothering with any in the future. Same sort of goes for the WWD at TOTW, been there done that. I've been able to sit and order food on many previous visits and then walk out on the viewing deck without having to be part of an event, so this is not a wow for me.

Do whichever 'you' enjoy. If you like floating, do it. If you enjoy the bar atmosphere better have at it.

This is all sort of subjective. Some people are wowed; some bored but overall the bar is probably less fun for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter