Wicked Wind Down questions

Mousestruck2

Earning My Ears
My 60-day window opens tomorrow and I was planning to book Wicked Wind Down for the first night of our stay. We are a party of 6, all adults, including my husband and 2 adult children with their partners. Not everyone will have park tickets that night, so I thought this might be a relaxed way to kick off our trip. I called MS today just to confirm that this reservation must be made by calling. I was told that is the case, and that I can call at 9:00 a.m. when MS opens. However, I was also told that each table can only accommodate 4 people and that I'd have to make 2 reservations. I am disappointed, since we all want to be together. She indicated that I could request two tables close together, but still not ideal. Has anyone had this issue? Can we just pull the tables together or move two chairs over and squeeze together? Would I be better off making a reservation for four and two, or two reservations for three?

Also, am I correct in understanding that we could simply go to the lounge to grab drinks and see the fireworks? Would this be a better option for our party? If I do that, is there seating available and would we have a better chance of sitting together?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I have not had the situation with larger groups so can't help with that. If it is a night of a WWD party, then the tables are FCFS, and you will be asked to leave if you don't have a reservation at least 30 minutes prior to fireworks, assuming there is a table there for you.

If the lounge if full, they put you on a waitlist and text you. So, to make sure you get a table, you have to arrive early without the reservation....and hope that it is not full when you arrive.

If the plan is to spend time there, I would probably do it as a 3 and 3 and have a request that you get tables near each other...and then take it from there once you arrive....

We did it in November and are a party of 8- we were seated together in the little alcove just inside the main doors on the left. I think that area may seat 8 or 10- but we were the only ones seated there. I don't remember them telling me we could only have 4 at a table- but they may have. It was a really nice evening! Enjoy!

We did it in November and are a party of 8- we were seated together in the little alcove just inside the main doors on the left. I think that area may seat 8 or 10- but we were the only ones seated there. I don't remember them telling me we could only have 4 at a table- but they may have. It was a really nice evening! Enjoy!
The table that we sat at was small so 4 would be about the limit however as someone mentioned there are couches and chairs around coffee tables that certainly could accommodate 6 We went on a slow night apparently as we were seated at a table without a WW reservation and were not asked to move as the fireworks approached. We just ordered drinks and could have ordered food and/or dessert. It was a nice experience we would definitely do again.

Hopping on this thread real quick- how early can you check in for WW? I think I read somewhere that check-in is a half hour before the fireworks start, but I was hoping to be there a little earlier than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter