Wild Adventures

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
Wild Adventures in Valdosta is a far different place from IOA/USF.
The roller coasters are shorter but good. The BOOMERANG, HANGMAN, and BUG OUT are the steel ones. CHEETAH is the wooden.

The boomerang cables you backwards up the incline to let you go and start the run which loops and twists you into the same direction you just came from. As you head up the incline you are towed to the top to retrace the path you just took only backwards. NO GLASSES ALLOWED ON THIS RIDE PERIOD. I did not see the reason for this but it is the rule,

Hangman has a double barrel roll as the highlight of this ride. it is two seats across as is all the coasters in this park.

Bug Out was different since it is completly flat track, no banking on the turns. your first time on this you are hoping the ride techs checked it out real well. it will pitch you from side to side since it just has a lap bar.

the river ride was good with a whirlpool in the middle that you were to have the impression that it was where you would end up.
IMHO this park is better than a state fair carnival or midway but it is no IOA, even seaworld and busch gardens with natural theming make WA look poor. It is a clean place including the one restroom i stopped in at. It is just they operate with the bar in a lower position.
There is no MYTHOS type place, in fact IOA/USF have nothing to compare to the best place in Wild Adventures and we all should be glad that IOA/USF do not.
The best place you can have the rib special, with one slab that has three bones, spoonfull of baked beans, two pieces of bread, cole slaw, and a large coke for $8.95.

There is really a lot to do for a family with a lot of kid type rides. the entrance for a one day adult is $26.95. I believe an annual pass is $80+.

If i were to live within 30 miles of the place i would have an annual pass since it is the only ballgame in town. If i were driving to valdosta just to attend this park and would get up a bit earlier and drive the extra three hours to IOA.

final observation: The crowd at WA on sunday was local. The dress was camo t-shirt and camo ball cap and that was for the women. men in work shoes and jeans and harley t-shirts with sleeves ripped off.

As a final note MEGBRI who lives in valdosta was at HHN while i was at WA. No doubt who got the better deal:smooth: :smooth:

Hi MIB,
I was there this past July for one day. You are right, it's not an IOA or anything, but it was still fun. What I enjoyed about it was being able to stay on the rides w/o ever getting off. There just wasn't too many lines. I was visiting my Aunt who lives in Perry. We drove 2 hours there and 2 hours back in the same day. My kids had a ball!

It was a fun day trip, but for vacations......Universal & IOA here we come! Only 237 days to go!

Kim

Roll-tide glad i am not the only one that got that impression.
glad to have you Roll-Tide into the state in 237 days. have fun, i sure do. :D

I live 45 min from Six Flags and I had rather dirve the 4 hrs to wild adventures . SF is dirty and the staff is rude and untrained. I was almost killed on the mind bender becaause a girl didn't know she was suppose to lock the bar for the seat next to me since there was no one in the seat. the ride opperator realinzed the problem as we were almost to the top of the hill. He had to stop the train and climb up there and lock the other seat. MB has always been a favorite ride of mine but I can not ride it anymore. If he could have let me off that time I would got off in a second.
We go about once every 2 yrs becasue of the coasters. This yr they kept advertising it was a "whole new park". They supposedly had fixed every thign up and were advertising there greatly improved kiddie area. Well that meant 5 or 6 things that were there are now replace with an arcade and they have one ride like the frog hopper at WA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter