Wild Africa Trek, a Disney Wedding, AoA photoshoot, and more!Aug 2013 TR update 12/21

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews from anyone that's done the Wild Africa Trek. I guess I'll have to get it done someday!

I'm in DIS catchup mode too! :lmao:

I've really been looking forward to hearing about this. And right off the bat a group photo. I love that.

How great that the guides are taking those candid photos. I really like that idea. Do they cost extra?

I actually remember being on the Safari and seeing a group on the tour over the Crocodile pit.

That really sounds like a great tour Becky. Thanks so much for sharing!

And YAY Giraffes!!

Wow, it looks like you had an incredible Trek. It seems like the animals were really active. I think we went on the 1:00 tour and by then the hippos wouldn't even budge, but it was still a fun experience. I really like the shot of the two of you with the hippo in the background.

Mmm.. I still remember how good that chicken curry was! I may have to make some this weekend if I can find the recipe.

The Wild Africa Trek looks so fun! I love AK and the Safari so I might have to do this someday.

Great pics!

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews from anyone that's done the Wild Africa Trek. I guess I'll have to get it done someday!

I'm in DIS catchup mode too! :lmao:

Yes! It's a little bit pricey but I think it's totally worth it.

I've really been looking forward to hearing about this. And right off the bat a group photo. I love that.

How great that the guides are taking those candid photos. I really like that idea. Do they cost extra?

I actually remember being on the Safari and seeing a group on the tour over the Crocodile pit.

That really sounds like a great tour Becky. Thanks so much for sharing!

And YAY Giraffes!!

Yeah, it was really awesome that the guides were taking photos. They were included with the fee for the tour. I think they used to mail you a CD of images, but now they just gave us a card with a web address and password to download them. They were up within 24 hours so I got to look them up the next day! I wonder how long before they'll let you instant download your photopass pics that way instead of ordering a CD...

Wow, it looks like you had an incredible Trek. It seems like the animals were really active. I think we went on the 1:00 tour and by then the hippos wouldn't even budge, but it was still a fun experience. I really like the shot of the two of you with the hippo in the background.

Mmm.. I still remember how good that chicken curry was! I may have to make some this weekend if I can find the recipe.

If you need it, I posted the recipe for the chicken curry on my blog! Here it is: http://disneyinyourday.com/2013/08/20/recipe-curried-chicken-salad-from-the-wild-africa-trek/

I was worried the animals would be too hot to move, since we did 11:30am Trek in August. It was definitely hot but luckily they were good for us!

The Wild Africa Trek looks so fun! I love AK and the Safari so I might have to do this someday.

Great pics!

It's definitely a worthwhile experience! I would even think about it doing it again someday, I enjoyed it so much!

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! I am so jealous of this experience!!!!

What a unique thing to get to do!

Apparently hippos kill more humans than any other type of animal.
I had NO IDEA!!!! :scared1: And they also need to see a dentist based on your following photo! :rotfl2:

Mosi - cutest creature ever! :lovestruc

Seriously, what an awesome thing to get to do! I'm guessing DD will have to be 18 before I will get my chance, and I may be too ancient and arthritic at that point to manage it. :( :rotfl2:

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! I am so jealous of this experience!!!!

What a unique thing to get to do!

I had NO IDEA!!!! :scared1: And they also need to see a dentist based on your following photo! :rotfl2:

Mosi - cutest creature ever! :lovestruc

Seriously, what an awesome thing to get to do! I'm guessing DD will have to be 18 before I will get my chance, and I may be too ancient and arthritic at that point to manage it. :( :rotfl2:

Actually, I did a little research, and it seems that mosquitoes are technically considered the #1 killer of humans because they carry so many viruses and diseases. I don't know if that counts though! ;)

I'm sure you could still do it in the future! There was an older woman on our tour with her granddaughter. She was hilarious - terrified of crossing that rope bridge and while she was on it kept calling to the rest of us on the other side, "How did you get over there??? What, are you all crazy?" But she made it too :thumbsup2

Yeah, it was really awesome that the guides were taking photos. They were included with the fee for the tour. I think they used to mail you a CD of images, but now they just gave us a card with a web address and password to download them. They were up within 24 hours so I got to look them up the next day! I wonder how long before they'll let you instant download your photopass pics that way instead of ordering a CD...

When my family was there in April 2013 we had PP+ (we were a group of 8, it was well worth the price), and when we redeemed the cd code after playing with borders we had the option of instant download or a cd (and paying the shipping for the cd). We went with the instant download and then created our own backup cd.

When my family was there in April 2013 we had PP+ (we were a group of 8, it was well worth the price), and when we redeemed the cd code after playing with borders we had the option of instant download or a cd (and paying the shipping for the cd). We went with the instant download and then created our own backup cd.

Oh, that's awesome! I haven't gotten a photopass CD in awhile so I didn't realize that was an option! That's exactly what I would do too - instant download and then just burn my own CD :thumbsup2

I'm hoping to get another update up soon... but life has been pretty crazy recently (in a good way!). I start a new job tomorrow, and I am also in a play that opens on Friday night. By the way, if anyone is near the Philly area and wants to come see a production of Jekyll and Hyde anytime in the next four weekends, let me know I will give you details! ;)

I start a new job tomorrow, and I am also in a play that opens on Friday night.

:cool1:

Yay on the new job! My brother used to do plays and that was always neat, but alas, I am not in the Philly area or likely to be. "Best of luck" or "break a leg," your choice. ;)

Becky, congratulations on your new job and being in a play - all in one week! :) What an awesome tour! I will have to find more information on that because I REALLY think that would be incredible. I had read your dining review with the lunch earlier so I was already interested but to see this part of it really makes me want to do this.

Also since I'm catching up.... the bachelor party sounds like an evening of fun between the limo, dinner at DTD, bachelorette pole dancing (no photos, really! ha ha!), and then the fun at City Walk with karaoke. I'd have to have more than a few cocktails in me to get up there and sing... and that's when the laughter would begin! ;)

I'm so enjoying your TR and DR.

:cool1:

Yay on the new job! My brother used to do plays and that was always neat, but alas, I am not in the Philly area or likely to be. "Best of luck" or "break a leg," your choice. ;)

Becky, congratulations on your new job and being in a play - all in one week! :) What an awesome tour! I will have to find more information on that because I REALLY think that would be incredible. I had read your dining review with the lunch earlier so I was already interested but to see this part of it really makes me want to do this.

Also since I'm catching up.... the bachelor party sounds like an evening of fun between the limo, dinner at DTD, bachelorette pole dancing (no photos, really! ha ha!), and then the fun at City Walk with karaoke. I'd have to have more than a few cocktails in me to get up there and sing... and that's when the laughter would begin! ;)

I'm so enjoying your TR and DR.

Thanks!! It's been an exhausting week! I have off tomorrow though so hopefully I can post an update :) And my DVD of our anniversary pics just came in the mail, so I'll be able to share some of those as well with my next update!

Anniversary Evening

I'm finally back for an update! Settling into the new job, and our show is going well!

After a quick nap, I got up to start getting ready for our 2nd anniversary photo shoot. I know some people pay to have their hair and make up done and all that, but I just did it myself. Nothing fancy, just basic make up and straightening my hair - I was relieved it looked okay and didn't frizz up in the Florida heat!

We met David and Vicki Arndt at the Art of Animation resort. Let me just gush about them for a moment. They are two of the most amazing people you will ever meet. They are fun, sweet, and make you feel so comfortable! If you are ever considering any sort of photo shoot, definitely contact them. Their work is absolutely gorgeous. It's so clear that they have a natural eye for it and I couldn't be happy with the results. http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/

It was my first time at AoA and I loved it! We started in the Cars area and then worked our way through Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Nemo. It looked like it was going to rain the whole time but luckily it didn't until we were done. I also brought a prop with me - a fairy tale book that was mine as a kid growing up. As a librarian and a fairy tale dork these made for some of my favorite pictures!

Here are the highlights of some of my favorites from the shoot. I'm usually not so vain and posting so many pictures of myself, but I figured people might be inerested, and if not feel free to ignore this post! ;) :

We then went to Jiko for dinner and went all out. You can check out the details and pics in my dining review, but we had a fantastic bottle of wine and some great food. Definitely one of the best meals I've had at Disney!

Becky, I watched the, I guess, "trailer", you posted on FB. The show looks wonderful!

Okay... So even though I did see a few of these photos already, I've been looking forward to seeing the shoot since you first talked about it so long ago. And OMG, they're FANTASTIC!!!

I got a real chuckle with the "fixing Mater" shot.

Basically I just love how you used the props so brilliantly and that last one is fabulous and pure Disney!

Oh my goodness!!! Your anniversary pics are absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that you shared them. You must be so thrilled with how they came out!

Your anniversary pics are adorable! :thumbsup2

I wondered how they'd incorporate the book, and I love their ideas; I think my favorite pic is you with the book and your hubby imitating the Prince Eric statue. ;) Second favorite is when he's reading over your shoulder. :) So the prop was a great plan. ::yes:: Although I gotta wonder what your hubby thinks of the implications of the Beauty and the Beast one. :teeth:

I seem to be in a very smilie mood... :p

I LOVE the anniversary pictures! They came out great! I also love the dress you are wearing, its super cute!

Adorable pictures! I love the one with Sebastian!

Thank you! We definitely had some fun with some of those pics!

Becky, I watched the, I guess, "trailer", you posted on FB. The show looks wonderful!

Okay... So even though I did see a few of these photos already, I've been looking forward to seeing the shoot since you first talked about it so long ago. And OMG, they're FANTASTIC!!!

I got a real chuckle with the "fixing Mater" shot.

Basically I just love how you used the props so brilliantly and that last one is fabulous and pure Disney!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the trailer for the show. We have one weekend left and I'm going to miss it so much!

I'm really glad we did our shoot at AoA, because I thought the props were so much fun to play with and provided some really original shots!

Oh my goodness!!! Your anniversary pics are absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that you shared them. You must be so thrilled with how they came out!

Thank you! We are very happy with them :)

Your anniversary pics are adorable! :thumbsup2

I wondered how they'd incorporate the book, and I love their ideas; I think my favorite pic is you with the book and your hubby imitating the Prince Eric statue. ;) Second favorite is when he's reading over your shoulder. :) So the prop was a great plan. ::yes:: Although I gotta wonder what your hubby thinks of the implications of the Beauty and the Beast one. :teeth:

I seem to be in a very smilie mood... :p

Hahaha well he's gotten used to the fact that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite ;) Though I originally wanted to do a Beauty and the Beast theme for our wedding, but he didn't want everything thinking he was a beast :rotfl: I'm also really happy with what they did with the book. I didn't have any creative ideas, but I told the photographers I was bringing it and they came up with some fun stuff!

I LOVE the anniversary pictures! They came out great! I also love the dress you are wearing, its super cute!

Thank you! The dress is from Modcloth, it was definitely a good purchase! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter