Wilderness (Disassembled Tree Pix)/ Universal- Jan 3-10

biz410

Mouseketeer
We got back last Saturday after 2 days at Universal (Hard Rock) followed by 5 days at WDW (Wilderness). Haven't been to WDW since 2009, first time at Universal.

Observations:

-Fast Pass+ is better than Universal's Express Pass. With FP, you can reserve all major attractions. Yes, you're limited to 3, but with EP the Harry Potter rides are not included. So the 2 main attractions in each park (Gringott's/Forbidden Journey/Hogwart's Express) are not included. Even with early entry (which was supposed to be 9:00, but was actually 8:30), we had to wait 60-90 for the majors. This would be like no FP+ on Space & Splash at MK, ToT & Toy Story at DS, Soarin' & Test Track at EPCOT, and Everest at AK. Express still was a bonus, but...

-Everything at Universal that is not part of the HP world seemed derivative of a Disney attraction. Shrek was like Tough to be a Bug, Men in Black was Buzz, Mummy was Indiana Jones. Even the best part about Forbidden Journey was just a sped up Soarin'. Having said that, Diagon Alley and the other one are awesome. Definitely pull you into a different place. I am not a HP fan, but I was awe-struck by the theming.

-Mine Train is basically Big Thunder.

-Memory Maker is a steal. 500 professional pictures linked to 8 people for $169. Yes, please.

-WDW isn't WDW without Splash. I don't care what the temperature is.

-Maybe I could have saved a few bucks by not going with the dining plan, but if I had been paying out of pocket, it would have been a less "magical" experience. It's nice not to stress about the money once there.

-Christmas season at Wilderness Lodge ends precisely at 11:00pm on January 8th. It was at that time that over 30 cast members came in with carts and a crane to make everything disappear. It was pretty cool, I kept an eye on the procedure for a few hours, got some cool pix, and in the morning there wasn't a wreath to be found.

WL3_zpsde76b173.jpg

WL1_zps6b697cce.jpg

WL2_zps16c6314c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter