Wilderness Lodge playground ??

LoveMMC

Mouseketeer
So we checked into today and went to look for the park - and there isn’t one? And never has been? But I see one online at the beach area.

There was a small play area near the beach area... the beach is gone so is the play area but replaced by a great semi Counter service/lounge.
The only resort I know of that still has a play area is Jambo house at Animal Kingdom lodge... there are likely others but never really looked.

Old-Key-West-Recreation-45.jpg

OKW Kids Playground

playground-600x451.png

SS Kids Playground

art-of-animation-nemo-playground.jpg

AoA Kids Playground

Playground-Pop-Century-Resort-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

PoP Kids Playground

All three All Stars have them I believe. Im sure more elsewhere.

Last edited:
There used to be a playground in the area where Geyser Point is now. Now the best bet is to head over to Fort Wilderness where there is a nice playground near the boat dock. It is a short boat ride over or about a 15 minute walk through the woods (which is fun, but not at night).

The strict 48” rule on the water park slides is frustrating for kids 2-3 inches over. Saw it happen to little kid after little kid all small children who wanted to play.

The strict 48” rule on the water park slides is frustrating for kids 2-3 inches over. Saw it happen to little kid after little kid all small children who wanted to play.

Yeah, WL is one of the few resorts I've seen that's pretty strict with their kid's splash pad (it's also smaller than the other Deluxes that have them). They are much more tolerant at places like Poly and GF, unless taller kids are causing any trouble.

Edit - I assumed you were talking about the WL splash pad... in re-reading your post you may mean the water park kids areas. Sorry if I'm confused!

Yes the splash pad. At wilderness. I asked because my eight year old went down the slide for the first time (huge anxiety issues) I was so proud of her. She was told she couldn’t play there by the life guard. Her brother is 4 and she was helping him get past the heavy splashes. Then another small girl was told the same. I asked and she said it was because it was to be a safe haven for little kids. She also said bars were designed for little kids. It was disappointing because the girls were small and not rowdy.

Yes the splash pad. At wilderness. I asked because my eight year old went down the slide for the first time (huge anxiety issues) I was so proud of her. She was told she couldn’t play there by the life guard. Her brother is 4 and she was helping him get past the heavy splashes. Then another small girl was told the same. I asked and she said it was because it was to be a safe haven for little kids. She also said bars were designed for little kids. It was disappointing because the girls were small and not rowdy.

I really believe it's a safety issue for everyone. We were at Blizzard Beach a few years ago and my DS was measuring just a bit over 48". The CM there was hesitant to let him go down, but decided he could. DS almost got hurt as the slide ended - it was because he was too tall. That was the last time I ever tried pushing a height restriction at WDW. If the attraction is designed for children under 48", it really isn't safe for those over the height restriction.

So we checked into today and went to look for the park - and there isn’t one? And never has been? But I see one online at the beach area.

So sorry you found old pictures online that misled you! There used to be playground at Wilderness Lodge, on the beach. It was removed when the Copper Creek DVC units were built. There is a playground at Fort Wilderness, and you can take the boat. That would be fun for the little ones.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!