Wilderness Lodge studios to sleep 5 guests?

Samaya

DIS Veteran
It looks like the studios at Wilderness Lodge will sleep up to 5 guests once the rooms are renovated in 2014.

Updated: Renovations now underway.

It will be during the 2014 refurbishment at VWL but not sure if it will be a single sofa-bed as in OKW or a Murphy Bed which they used at the Grand Floridian.

When will the renovations be complete?
We are hoping to stay in October this year.

Can't find any news on the start or finish dates, the following was posted soon after the association meeting in December.

In 2014, we look forward to a hard goods refurbishment, which consists of a redesign and replacement of furniture and appliances, at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

In response to Member feedback and as part of the refurbishment at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge a fifth sleeper is being added to the deluxe studios.

Additionally, Disney’s Beach Club Villas and Disney’s BoardWalk Villas are in the planning stage for a hard goods refurbishment. Details will be provided at a future date.

Soft goods, which consist of interior paint, flooring and fabric replacement, are in the planning stage for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.

At Disney’s Old Key West Resort the refurbishment of the sandcastle and dolphins icon was completed. Starting inearly 2014, several large-scale projects will be underway, including work at Olivia’s, Gurgling Suitcase, Goods To Go, and nearby restrooms, as well as removal of the pool bridge. During the time that the bridge work is taking place, the feature pool will be closed. Alternate feature pool options will be available as well as 3 leisure pools and spas.

The sea turtle mosaic in the lobby floor at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort has been enhanced. Design work for a hard goods refurbishment will begin in 2014.

The changes for the bedding components at the resorts are nearly complete. All resorts are expected to be complete by next year. Some resorts that have partially transitioned will receive bed scarves and bed skirts in the near future.

Taken from DVC News.
5th floor refurbishment at the villas completed.
Completion of all villas by April.
Updates include......
Addition of fold-down 5th sleeper in all deluxe studio villas, identical to beds installed at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort with Bambi artwork
Replacement of living room armoires and televisions
Bambi-themed living room throw pillows.
Repainted kitchen cabinets and new granite countertops.
New stainless steel appliances.
Durable faux hardwood flooring.
Living room area rugs.
Updated wall-coverings, window-coverings and linens.
All light fixtures and ceiling fans replaced.
New bathroom tile and fixtures.

Thank you for this awesome info! Hoping to stay with my family of 5 in the fall at WL but was worried about the 5th sleeper.

Wow! I hadn't heard of this...definitely something to consider!
Yes and they're now accepting bookings for five, just tried a dummy booking for November and it allowed 5-adults in a studio at WL so hope you get your way soon but maybe not for this Oct-Nov as there's very limited availability.

These studios will be more popular now so you would need to book as far out as possible and good luck with that.

Yes and they're now accepting bookings for five, just tried a dummy booking for November and it allowed 5-adults in a studio at WL so hope you get your way soon but maybe not for this Oct-Nov as there' very limited availability.

These studios will be more popular now so you would need to book as far out as possible and good luck with that.

Yeah, I'd have to get someone t make a decision pretty much tonight I think if we wanted to go this November! Unless a miracle happens, next year is definitely going to be our next trip. Still, it's fun going over my options, especially since it sounds like families of 5 will have a few more in the future!

wow, the studios are not terribly large at WL, you will have to really like your other family members a lot to put 5 in one of these rooms. For families with kids not bad though
Drew

Does this mean a hike in annual dues??:eek:
They cant do that. Be great having the pull down bed though especially with small children. Going to book june for next may. I thought the studios were a decent size. Better than SSR. I think the new refurb has lightened the rooms as they did seem quite dark. Dont spend much time in the room but I think 4 adults and a child would be very crowded but it can work.

It will be interesting to see when the UK web site starts allowing paid guest to book 5-adults in a WL studio, shouldn't be too long as you can book 5-adults on the US web site for 2014?

And when they do it could prove a good option for families of five if they also open it up for the UK free dining offer?

It will be interesting to see when the UK web site starts allowing paid guest to book 5-adults in a WL studio, shouldn't be too long as you can book 5-adults on the US web site for 2014? And when they do it could prove a good option for families of five if they also open it up for the UK free dining offer?
I hope they dont open it up for free ddp in the studios. No offence but its my home resort and would like to be able to get in. Its only a small resort(dvc). I thought the dvc villas were not included in the offer and it was just the hotel.

I hope they dont open it up for free ddp in the studios. No offence but its my home resort and would like to be able to get in. Its only a small resort(dvc). I thought the dvc villas were not included in the offer and it was just the hotel.

Hi and understand your concern so tried searching availability for the US free dining offer at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in a studio and could only find a few dates, one was checking in 13th December 2014 for 7-nights, this included an 8-day base ticket and free dining for 5-adults; price was $5,896.45, so about £3,477.

Disney will only sell rooms at the VWL which they own and that's only a small percentage so you should no problems getting into your resort at 11-months out but I wouldn't leave it much less as those studios will now be even more popular with DVC owners.

As it's still over 7-months out it might be interesting to see if you could book those same dates in a studio..... and not sure if the VWL studio's will be included in the free dining offer for 2015.

Im going may 16th next year so will be booking june this year for the 13 nights though we are hoping to book BWV or AKLV for 5 nights at the beginning. No problem if we have to do the whole stay at WLV though.
I have no problem people booking here but I panicked and thought omg I cannot book till 11 months and the studios may all be booked.
Thanks Peter for your reassurance once again

Coming to this thread quite late, as haven't been on the Dis in a while ! What I would say is that it is going to be very cozy sleeping 5, we had 3 adults in on our last trip & whilst I wouldn't say that we were falling over each other adding another 2 to the equation.......... We also left the sofa bed out (made up) but not sure that this would be practical with another single as well.
SD:firefight

Hi and understand your concern so tried searching availability for the US free dining offer at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in a studio and could only find a few dates, one was checking in 13th December 2014 for 7-nights, this included an 8-day base ticket and free dining for 5-adults; price was $5,896.45, so about £3,477. Disney will only sell rooms at the VWL which they own and that's only a small percentage so you should no problems getting into your resort at 11-months out but I wouldn't leave it much less as those studios will now be even more popular with DVC owners. As it's still over 7-months out it might be interesting to see if you could book those same dates in a studio..... and not sure if the VWL studio's will be included in the free dining offer for 2015.

I think it is highly unlikely the Wilderness Lodge studios will be included in a free dining offer. It is such a small resort and there are so few studios Disney won't have many I sell and they are high demand so no need to incentivize with free dining.

I think it is highly unlikely the Wilderness Lodge studios will be included in a free dining offer. It is such a small resort and there are so few studios Disney won't have many I sell and they are high demand so no need to incentivize with free dining.

On Disney UK you can get free dining in a Wilderness Lodge studio but now it's only for limited dates in 2015 and unlike the US web site the UK site has not updated the maximum number of guest to 5, so still only 4-guest.

Here's the breakdown for 14-nights checking in 7th May for 4-guest in a WL studio (room cost £4,354 plus 4 x 14-Day Ultimate Ticket = £1,156) with free Disney Dining worth £2,351.

The US full rack rate for a studio in May is around $480, so for 14-nights that's $6,820 (£4,066), therefore UK Disney is charging around £20 more per night but you are getting $2,351 of free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!