Wilderness Lodge vs Caribbean Beach in July

TarynM

Mouseketeer
Planning on a trip from 6/29/24-7/7/24 (I 100% know the weather is insane and the crowds might be high because of the holiday). Do people think that Wilderness Lodge Resort View is worth the $1200 total extra compared to Caribbean Beach Water/Pool View? It'll be just one adult and a 4-year old and since I know the weather will be HOT, I'm planning on using the pools and room to rest during the day. The initial thought is one park in the morning, back to the room for rest and/or pool, back to a park in the evening. Narrowed it down to these two resorts since they have zero entry pools, so my kid can enter and stand in the pool on her own. I've never traveled to WDW with a kid and I know it is a completely different beast than what I'm used to with Disneyland. I saw the post from December comparing the two but it didn't really answer my questions since it didn't sound like they were going to do a lot of resort time.

I love the CBR but would always choose the WL if it is in the budget. It is great to have the hotel all in one air conditioned building. I also need to say the WL is my favorite hotel at WDW. Food choices are better there than CBR. That being said the CBR is more colorful and bright with beautiful grounds and would save you $$$. :)

If the budget can afford it WL will be an easier trip for you and is my vote. From the main pool it’s like 1-2 mins to the main hotel where you can access all the rooms in a covered/indoor fashion. WL gives off serious GCH vibes except it has an added little spot on the lobby with a mini bridge you can walk over with a little stream under it. Exquisitely well done.

If you’re used to CA weather, definitely WL for that temp controlled interior. I’m from the Central Valley so I get heat, like a good ol’ dry 115- been there, done that. But once it hits 85 in FL I am freaking dying- the humidity is not a joke. Every minute of relief you get from it is a Godsend.

Yes! Like the above poster said, don’t underestimate the value of being able to head to the gift shop or the quick service without having to go outside in July. I also really appreciate the fact that the walkway from the bus stop to the resort is covered in the case of rain (which happens a lot in the summer afternoons).

WL also has two quick service type options - the actual quick service restaurant and take out at the grill by the pool.

We stayed at CBR in August one year and at OKW another year in July … we were already sweaty and gross by the time we got to our bus stops in the morning. And being far away from resort amenities was a hassle in the heat.

For $1200 I would go with CBR. It has a great pool for kids, their quick service options are good and the skyliner is a deal breaker. WL has boat to MK but rest of the parks are bus. Skyliner takes you to both DHS and EPCOT, plus The Riviera!

With a 4 year old if you're going to make multiple trips to MK I would vote for WL. If you're still getting a nap in for the kiddo the boat ride would be a shorter trip, and the zero entry pool is great for kids to play without needing to hold them the whole time. I'd say that CB has a better pool overall, the Pirate Ship splash pad at CB is great, WL has a splash pad by the main pool which is nice as well my kids would just give the nod to the CB splash pad if I had to guess. Also WL feels like a more compact resort, CB is a bit sprawling and can be a hike to the sky liner or main building depending on your room/ area assignment.

I'd be curious if someone timed out the boat ride from WL to MK vs sky liner from CB to HS/Epcot. This feels like a psycho planner thing to do but maybe plan out your park days and if you're going to be in MK more then go with WL and if you're going to go to HS/ Epcot more then CB would be the one.

Thank you all, this was all very helpful! I'm going to book WL since the main areas are indoors and it feeling more compact would be better for the time of year and kiddo. No idea how we're going to handle the weather, so more areas AC seems like the best choice for us.

We love the compactness of the WL as well as the awesome theming. Def choose WL if the budget can afford it. You won't be dissapointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter