Wildlife around your home.

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
On my way to work the other day I saw an albino deer. It was grazing in a field of hay with another deer. Wow, was it beautiful.

We had one of those in a town just north of here. Local paper would even do occasional photos of him they called him the Middletown Ghost

I have a doe on my property with albino face. Rest of her is normal. When I was a kid we had an albino her turkey on the place. Watched her for years.

Went out last night to see what the Savages were raising such a stink about and found we have a woodchuck 10 feet from the fence

There are some beavers wreaking havoc with the lake across the street. It is spring fed, with a 2 streams that flows 365 days a year. The streams keeps it from over flowing onto the road. The beavers have built several dams in the streams. Now it is overflowing onto/under the pavement. That part of the road has become soft. The closest neighbor has taken 7 beaver off property so far. But the dams still continue. Some of us neighbors take down the dams easily accessed in the morning and they rebuild every night. It is an elderly widow owns the property.
The county has gotten involved because of the road damage issue. They said they can help with the dams but can't address the beaver issue.

We have a flock of 22 hen turkeys and about 12 Toms and Jakes that are in our backyard daily. Surprisingly enough their numbers stay pretty consistent especially considering the coyotes that we saw last year.

Denise Sounds like it is time to get State Fish and Game Dept involved as that population has gotten out of control. Plus the fact that they are damming up waters that effect roads

We have a flock of 22 hen turkeys and about 12 Toms and Jakes that are in our backyard daily. Surprisingly enough their numbers stay pretty consistent especially considering the coyotes that we saw last year.
BDD bigger threat there are the raccoons they will raid the roosts and eat the eggs On the bright side Thanksgiving dinner

Last edited:

I dont see the raccoons but they always leave behind signs. The only time we see the coyotes is when theres a deer carcass at the road. They stripped one across the street last summer, took them 3 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!