Will any of you think twice about planning a trip to Universal or any park Orlando theme park next year?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
With everything going on, Will some of you not even consider to travel ( fly ) to any Theme Park in Orlando? All the talk I hear is that theme park will still be different come 2021 as well. People may still have to wear masks and certain necessary steps will have to be done in order to enter parks. I was considering coming for a visit to the area in 2021 and now I am re-thinking this. I know no one here is a doctor but will this be safe or even worth attempting to go.?

I was planning to go in October 2021-but then it occurred to me that not only is it the 50th anniversary, but it also appears as though many people that had 2020 trips planned are postponing them to 2021. I think it will be an absolute madhouse and enough to make me think twice!!!
As to the changes re:covid, I've no clue. I am impatiently waiting for this to all play out! Who knows what the future holds.

We have a cruise planned for end of Nov 2020 and had intended to add a few days in Orlando, but we aren't sure what's going on with cruises and I doubt we'd make a trip down for a restricted theme park experience.

Having said that of this year's trip is cancelled, 2021 trip is going to be awesome!!

I'll probably go twice this year and next year, assuming no issues with work etc...

That being said - yes Ill think about it and review the data and book things that can be cancelled without issue.

Just as likely to catch it going to the supermarket as Universal.

Airlines will be extra diligent as will the theme parks as they dont want any bad press, so not too concerned there.

All that being said if you are over 60 or have any health factors you should think twice

Thats the way I look at it too.

Unless you (general you) and your whole family are going to live in Outer Siberia for the foreseeable future, it’s a risk just poking your head outside. We can’t avoid people forever.

But, I do hope sometime soon I can hear someone cough or sneeze and not look at them like they’re Frankensteins Monster on the loose!!

So, my plans stay in place this year for September and Nov/Dec unless with us being from the United Kingdom, we have to consider travel bans/USA bans/planes don’t fly..that kind of thing.....we’ll travel......am I wary....yes, of course I am, but.......I could walk into our village and meet twenty people who will share it with us.

Heck, I‘m already looking at flights for next May........ ::yes::

With everything going on, Will some of you not even consider to travel ( fly ) to any Theme Park in Orlando? All the talk I hear is that theme park will still be different come 2021 as well. People may still have to wear masks and certain necessary steps will have to be done in order to enter parks. I was considering coming for a visit to the area in 2021 and now I am re-thinking this. I know no one here is a doctor but will this be safe or even worth attempting to go.?

I'm going to August. Every person has to decide for themselves what risk is acceptable to them.

Thats the way I look at it too.

Unless you (general you) and your whole family are going to live in Outer Siberia for the foreseeable future, it’s a risk just poking your head outside. We can’t avoid people forever.

But, I do hope sometime soon I can hear someone cough or sneeze and not look at them like they’re Frankensteins Monster on the loose!!

So, my plans stay in place this year for September and Nov/Dec unless with us being from the United Kingdom, we have to consider travel bans/USA bans/planes don’t fly..that kind of thing.....we’ll travel......am I wary....yes, of course I am, but.......I could walk into our village and meet twenty people who will share it with us.

Heck, I‘m already looking at flights for next May........ ::yes::

This is the time of year my allergies are especially bad. You can imagine how much fun it is for me when I have an attack while I'm out in public :rotfl:

We like to think that the trip we had to cancel in March will go ahead in March of 2021. However, when we got our flight credits, we didn't immediately rebook for March 2021, which we could have done.

I'm sitting on it until there's more information. Things could be totally fine, or there may still be flight and travel restrictions (I'm from Canada and we aren't allowed to travel right now). If things are safe, we will definitely be going in 2021.

Frankly, I am so sad to have missed our week in March, I feel like 2021 will deserve 2+ weeks. This may mean we have to wait until the summer when I am able to have more time off.

We like to think that the trip we had to cancel in March will go ahead in March of 2021. However, when we got our flight credits, we didn't immediately rebook for March 2021, which we could have done.

I'm sitting on it until there's more information. Things could be totally fine, or there may still be flight and travel restrictions (I'm from Canada and we aren't allowed to travel right now). If things are safe, we will definitely be going in 2021.

Frankly, I am so sad to have missed our week in March, I feel like 2021 will deserve 2+ weeks. This may mean we have to wait until the summer when I am able to have more time off.
Yeah - I cancelled my March trip as well - March is a great time to go because Universal has the Mardi Gras stuff going on, the temps are more reasonable, and its not a busy as summer.
Im thinking June or July this year, but the heat concerns me.

Personally, I think there are still too many unknowns and variables in play to make a guess on what things will be like later this year or even through next year.

The key to getting things truly back to normal is a highly effective vaccine that is globally available. Until that is the case I don't think things will be like before and there will be some form of "restrictions". Be it limiting park capacity, reducing ride capacity to allow for continued social distancing, putting all rides on a virtual queue you need to sign up for, potentially mandating wearing masks etc. etc. All of those things are potentially possible.

Outside of a vaccine, we don't know what this virus will do in terms of its spread. Will it wane over the next few months to the point it can be "controlled" and kept from wide spread that is still ongoing? Even if it wanes well enough in the coming months, will it come back in large numbers in the fall/winter forcing us back into the current situation of stay at home and social distancing? Will we have other measures in place to keep it contained (with mass testing, contact tracing and quarantine of contacted individuals)? Will there be effective treatments found (before we find a vaccine) that greatly minimize the severity of it? Can we get to a "herd immunity" point of most of the population actually haven gotten it and recovered, and now being immune to getting it again? (which the scientists still aren't sure about yet).

Too many unknowns still for me that would either affect the ability to go, or if able to go affect the experience we would have when being there.

Thankfully, the amount of research and resources working on vaccines is unreal. So hopefully a vaccine will be found sooner rather than later. But personally, I'm not risking booking/planning anything until things settle down to a known/predictable "normal".

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm booked for November at WDW and we'll see what happens. I agree with some posts about a vaccine, the truth is that's the only real solution and right now based on reports I've seen, it's not happening for over a year. I live in NYC and have been in quarantine for a while now, having been exposed to it all I want to know is I have anti-bodies. I don't want to catch it (if I did, which I might have, not be able to again) and spread it. If I have no/low antibodies I don't want to go for my safety and others. My wife and I have no kids at the moment and aren't immune compromised. If we have strong antibodies and the spread is on the decline we have decided we are OK with take our trip, provided the experience isn't altered for the worse. Time will tell!

We are booked for late September and are planning on going. I hope actually that they do have lesser capacity in the park to make the experience better in general! If they require that we wear a mask, however, we will not go. No way am I spending that kind of money to have to wear a mask in 95° heat

I rescheduled a June 2020 trip to June 2021 instead. I'm a part of a large group and we just didn't want to risk going 975 miles one way for an altered experience. I rented points this time and am currently hoping to get my money back with my travel insurance and I rebooked directly with Disney just in case (Already rescheduled Universal hotel). This was our first trip since 2002.

I am still planning to fly but I will drive if I still don't feel comfortable (highly doubt it though). I HATE driving so it is a last resort.

We have a trip planned in the Fall. We have no fears over the virus/safety, but will be taking note of what changes are in place. If we're going to have a severely watered down experience or there are requirements that would drastically lessen the experience, we may reconsider from a value/cost perspective.

Oh yes, I will be at UO next year. I had a March trip canceled. I have a July trip scheduled, that I used an excuse of a concert in Orlando for a UO trip. Concert has yet to be canceled, even if it is I will still go to UO if open. Also have an October trip for HHN planned. Spent hours yesterday comparing costs of before Thanksgiving and after for a trip to see the holiday decorations, which I have never seen. Maybe even a quick trip in September. I am in driving distance and have an AP, almost too easy to make a trip.

I agree totally. We cannot live In fear of this virus. We have to move forward. This is coming from someone who has lost a family member to this virus.

There are no experts on this situation. Even those who call themselves experts are still guessing how this will all play out.

There will obviously be a new normal. If everyone plays by the rules then we should be ok.

I choose to think positively about the two 2 trips I have planned. One in July and one in September. I will go ahead with these if things are open.

I look forward to returning to the most beautiful welcoming Resorts and one of the best theme parks in the world. Universal Orlando I will be there if your open.

AAC1D6B6-11F7-4F56-B535-A65A4E19899D.gif

2212CFF9-5C76-4F75-A439-2817D128A930.gif

The next few weeks will be telling with the restrictions being relaxed in some states, as well as people being defiant in following distancing orders. We may find things can get more back towards normal, or it may be 10x worse.

Have said in other threads, won't be planning any trips unless the virus spread somehow goes away, a reliable medical treatment is available, or there is a vaccine.... also if somehow my son and I tested positive for antibodies and it is proven they provide immunity.

Have also beat to death...I don't see parks opening with an active virus going around. If somehow they did, I would question the Orlando hospitals capacities to treat the amount of people who would become sick while at the parks and other tourist destinations in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!