Will any rooms be available anywhere, 7 months out in November?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
I recently booked a cruise leaving on November 8th. There are no studios left at all for the night of November 7th at AKL. Almost all the other nights are available, but for some reason, not that date. What is the chance of something coming up ( studio) without wait-listing, and would there be any rooms anywhere onsite at 7 months for that time of year? I don't really care where we stay as we will be taking Disney shuttles to the port and not going to any parks.

That's Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend. You'll be really, really lucky to find anything at all available at seven months out.

Wine & Dine is the highest DVC demand weekend of the year and even SSR studios can disappear before 7 months out. Wait list may be your best chance.

Waitlist and keep checking the website every day. Things change a lot and while it seems like it might prove difficult, you just never know and needing only 1 night give you better odds.

I would waitlist AKV, assuming it to be your home resort, now. You'll have a jump on people waitlisting at 7 months. Since it is one night, I'd do a waitlist for Kidani Savannah, and a waitlist for Kidani Standard.

At exactly 7 months I think you’ll get something at SSR or OKW. If not a waitlist for just one night will likely come through, just do it immediately on 7 months so you are top of the 7 month queue.

Last July we decided to go for a weekend in November. I booked at Pop as a backup and stalked the DVC site. I was able to piece together over the next few weeks a two night stay with one night at Jambo standard studio and one night at Kidani standard studio. I echo what PP said- I’d put in a waitlist for Kidani, chances are good since it’s only one night. I would also prepare to log on at exactly 7m and book whatever may be available

As an alternative, try for an OKW one bedroom, they are usually quite reasonable for point usage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter