Will anything even be available!?!

Pattyjo9951

Earning My Ears
We are very new to all this. Our contract just passed ROFR so now waiting on clothing documents. We are hoping to go the end of May but I don’t look for us to have our points until the end of February. Will I be able to find anything available for the end of May? We bought a loaded contract and have plenty of points to use. Our use year in August so we have until the end of March to bank points. We will have 80 points that have to be used and then 250 from 2019. We are willing to do a split stay and stay anymore really. Thanks.

I won't lie--it's going to be tough to book anything that late. Still, saying so doesn't make it so. Go online immediately after the points are in your account and see what's available. You likely can't be picky, so take what you can get that line up with your dates. Being flexible with the dates will help, too. If you only get a couple of days together--or even with a break between them--grab them and then get on a waitlist. You can do two waitlists at one time, and traditionally 1BRs are the last category to fill up, so I might concentrate at least one of the waitlists on a 1BR at one of the larger resorts such as SSR, OKW, or AKL. Further, keep stalking the member website to look for rooms that might drop in your lap. If you're willing to do a split stay (or split-split stay as we've done) and are very dedicated to seeing what might come open by stalking the website, you might be able to use those points for your first stay. pixiedust: for your search!

Thank you for your reply! We will be willing to stay at 3 resorts if we have to. We will do anything. A 1 bedroom is what we are wanting or even a 2 bedroom.

If end of May includes Memorial Day weekend, it will be harder than if you are able to adjust days to before or after that.

Years ago, I was able to get 3 nights in a studio at AKV for end of May, booking in March. But things have tightened up since then.

The fact that you are flexible and willing to book 1 or 2 bedrooms will give you an advantage. Being willing to do a split stay will also help. I wouldn’t expect anything other than the big resorts like SSR or OKW.

Thanks! We bought at SSR so we would be happy there or OKW. I figured if we have to stay just with cash the first few nights bc it is over Memorial Day. We don’t plan on doing the parks until Tuesday.

If you are hoping for a Studio, that might be iffy. However, you should have better luck with the 1 bedrooms.

Beware: if you stay in a one-bedroom, you might have a hard time staying in a studio in the future. :rotfl:The space and laundry in the 1br totally spoiled me and now I have to decide if I want the space and laundry or if I want more days in a studio!

I would imagine that you will be able to get something at either OKW or SSR. I cannot say that I keep that close an eye on it, but I have never seen rooms not be available at those two resorts. They are huge!

Pattyjo, we recently purchased at SSR resale and had the same conundrum, needing to spend 160 points within the next 8 weeks. The day I had my membership number, I called and told the very nice lady on the phone my conundrum. She was able to book us a split stay at OKW and SSR. Granted, the trip is in January, but I was blown away that I was able to pull it off. BTW - we had our membership number about 2 weeks after passing ROFR, and they are processing things fairly quickly, so you may have your access quicker than you are anticipating.

I didn't want to chance my being able to "learn" the website that quickly, so I called. After that, I was able to get on the website and play and learn with next year's reservation.

I'm optimistic you'll get something.

Last edited:
Pattyjo, we recently purchased at SSR resale and had the same conundrum, needing to spend 160 points within the next 8 weeks. The day I had my membership number, I called and told the very nice lady on the phone my conundrum. She was able to book us a split stay at OKW and SSR. Granted, the trip is in January, but I was blown away that I was able to pull it off. BTW - we had our membership number about 2 weeks after passing ROFR, and they are processing things fairly quickly, so you may have your access quicker than you are anticipating.

I didn't want to change my being able to "learn" the website that quickly, so I called. After that, I was able to get on the website and play and learn with next year's reservation.

I'm optimistic you'll get something.
Awesome!! Thank you for the reply! That is a really quick turnaround! I would love to get our membership number that fast. We actually wouldn’t mind doing a split stay just to see the different resorts.

From what I can see there are plenty of one bedrooms available in places like SSR, OKW and even AKV. That can change by the time you have access to your points, but you never know. I find the Member Services people to be super helpful. Congrats and Welcome Home!

Check out this thread, it should give you a guideline on what rooms could be available.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-bd-charts-september-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/

SSR could be a little different this year, they are renovating the rooms, I’m not sure on the # of rooms they close at one time, but I think it is most if not all of one building. Most people don’t want to hear demolition and construction noise on vacation. Good luck and Welcome Home, neighbor. We own at SSR and OKW.

Now we are just waiting for the sellers to send in closing documents! I have a feeling once this is all done we will be out of luck for the end of May!! 😞😞

I would imagine that you will be able to get something at either OKW or SSR. I cannot say that I keep that close an eye on it, but I have never seen rooms not be available at those two resorts. They are huge!
I've had times as recently as this month where some studios for OKW were already booked for next Dec. Last year I tried to book a studio at nine months out and they were all booked but one night.

I've had times as recently as this month where some studios for OKW were already booked for next Dec. Last year I tried to book a studio at nine months out and they were all booked but one night.
I am not really looking for a studio. I have heard those sell out fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter