Will character meals allow me to bring in food for my kids?

My son has food allergies - most places would try to accommodate and when he was little we sometimes did just bring in the things he would eat but we still paid for the buffet or whatever. I guess depending on the issue, perhaps at a regular sit down (not buffet) you might be able to arrange for the food they like to be served to them in children or adult portions (depending on their ages). You might have to call the special diets line and ask however. Perhaps if they serve that food for breakfast, they may be willing to prepare it or have it available for your kids at the evening meal (like bagels/waffles). It might be easier to plan to eat at places where they serve those items - and perhaps have a meal or two with just you and your DH and get a sitter for the kids? They might enjoy a pizza party in the room - lol!

One year at Chef Mickey's for dinner, my daughter had a craving for scrambled eggs and asked the server if he could get her some. He went back to the kitchen and came out with a heaping plate of scrambled eggs! My daughter ate as much as she could and was in heaven. You never know unless you ask. My daughter doesn't have food allergies or aversions, she's just a character and not shy at all. She was 9 at the time.

My sons are autistic. They vomit at the site of certain foods in their plates, and would starve rather than eat most foods. Once I withheld juice because they would only drink it, no water. 24 hours, not one sip of anything else I offered. It took 2 years of watering down juice to get them to drink water. 2 years!

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter