Will Discovery Cove work for us?

Mary2e

DIS Veteran
We're making a weekend trip in July. We have a 1 day admission to Disney which we will use on Sat, and must be out of our hotel Sunday morning by 11am. Our flight is at 7pm.

I was looking for things to do on Sunday and was wondering if Discovery Cove was a good idea.

It appears we can spend the day and leave directly for the airport around 5pm. I'm assuming there is a place to shower.

Do you think it will work in our situation?

We're making a weekend trip in July. We have a 1 day admission to Disney which we will use on Sat, and must be out of our hotel Sunday morning by 11am. Our flight is at 7pm.

I was looking for things to do on Sunday and was wondering if Discovery Cove was a good idea.

It appears we can spend the day and leave directly for the airport around 5pm. I'm assuming there is a place to shower.

Do you think it will work in our situation?

I think it could - you will be rushing and it will be tight. You should show up at 8 - I know it says the park doesn't open until 9 but that isn't true. You can be in, eat your breakfast and get your wetsuits on all before 9 am.

There are showers, nice ones, but you might have to wait for one at the end of the day. Also it took me a lot of time to check out with adventure photo if you purchase your pictures or a DVD of your dolphin swim. If you try to do all the things you want to do by 3, then have one person get the photos, then hop in the showers by 4 you should be OK. I think you will need your own hairdryers. I don't recall seeing those, but they have lots of towels and plastic bags for your swim things. Remember that it takes at least 30 minutes to get to the airport then it takes a while to get around the airport and through security and you board the plane 30 minutes before your flight time. You may want to request an early dolphin swim and if you are getting the photo CD, try to get a lot of professional shots in the morning, then you could get your photo stuff done very early and be a little more relaxed at the end of the day. I don't think you would regret going!

If you are staying at a disney hotel you might want to check in and check your bags at your resort in the morning (you can do it as early as 5 am I think) to save yourself time at the airport.

Good luck! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter