Will Disney Negotiate Packages?

shanes17

Mouseketeer
So our family is thinking of going back this Summer (just went this past winter), in order for me to make an informed decision on that possibility I have been running through several scenarios and while doing so something caught my eye.

Right now, Disney offers a 4 day ticket w/ one park per day at 1600 for a family of 4. If we elect to add waterpark access for one more additional day, making this essentially a 5 day ticket (4 theme park days + 1 water park day) it makes the price 1750. Keep in mind this is JUST for theme park tickets.
4 day 1 park per day for fam 4 = 1600
4 day 1 park per day PLUS 1 day waterpark fam 4 = 1750 (usually 4 tikets for waterpark 1 day equals 280, so this is a great deal)

So when shopping packages I noticed the price difference between a room only deal and a package that includes 4 day tickets, is several hundred MORE than if I purchased things separately. I would have to select a package and 3 day ticket/1 park per day to match the same price that I would pay booking room/tickets separately. I would also be losing my ability to then add waterpark tickets at a major discounted rate, strange right?

Is this by design? Or just a fluke instance that most just wouldn't uncover or bother to worry about?

So my question then is if I call or even chat with Disney online to point out this price discrepancy, would they at least discount the package in my cart to match that of me booking things individually? Or are things pretty well set and the price is what it is?

We wanted to use our Disney Chase card for the package to obtain the interest-free deal but if we save more money by doing everything separately then we will make that work just as easily.

TIA!

So our family is thinking of going back this Summer (just went this past winter), in order for me to make an informed decision on that possibility I have been running through several scenarios and while doing so something caught my eye.

Right now, Disney offers a 4 day ticket w/ one park per day at 1600 for a family of 4. If we elect to add waterpark access for one more additional day, making this essentially a 5 day ticket (4 theme park days + 1 water park day) it makes the price 1750. Keep in mind this is JUST for theme park tickets.
4 day 1 park per day for fam 4 = 1600
4 day 1 park per day PLUS 1 day waterpark fam 4 = 1750 (usually 4 tikets for waterpark 1 day equals 280, so this is a great deal)

So when shopping packages I noticed the price difference between a room only deal and a package that includes 4 day tickets, is several hundred MORE than if I purchased things separately. I would have to select a package and 3 day ticket/1 park per day to match the same price that I would pay booking room/tickets separately. I would also be losing my ability to then add waterpark tickets at a major discounted rate, strange right?

Is this by design? Or just a fluke instance that most just wouldn't uncover or bother to worry about?

So my question then is if I call or even chat with Disney online to point out this price discrepancy, would they at least discount the package in my cart to match that of me booking things individually? Or are things pretty well set and the price is what it is?

We wanted to use our Disney Chase card for the package to obtain the interest-free deal but if we save more money by doing everything separately then we will make that work just as easily.

TIA!
There are a couple of 4 day options available. Is the one you priced separately the 4 days 4 parks one where you have to visit all 4 parks - one per day? The other 4 day ticket, which is likely part of the package, is 4 days in any park. So you could do 2 days at MK then 2 days at HS. The first option is significantly cheaper.

Ok, room only promotion isn't required to purchase tickets, so you can book the resort with the promotion, then add the 4-day tickets separately. The special 4 day tickets are as PP described - 1 day at each park - those can't just be added to a package because they're their own promotion. So, yes, it's cheaper to book the parts separately. No, Disney won't create a special package for you. I don't know if the Chase interest-free works on separate room & ticket purchases. If that's critical, you need to check that first. Otherwise, just book the pieces separately and save the $ if you know you only want to do 1 day at each park.

Thanks all for the responses.

I did not realize in the fine print the 4 day promo was for a different park each day, that might change things for us.

Chase interest free for 6 months is for packages only. Not room and then separate components.

In my experience, they won’t even tell you if there is a cheaper option. Make sure you do your research well!!!!

Have you checked the Free Food offers? They are pretty sweet for a family of 4. Even if it ends up being slightly more expensive than piecing more frugal options together, it's fun to go all out with the food and really get to experience all WDW has to offer without worry.

We're holding 8 nights Aug 29 - Sept 7 for 3ppl, with 9 Day Hoppers Plus & Waterparks, Memory Maker, and upgraded the food to Table Service for under $4k complete. It is ASMusic but with the renovation it's much nicer than past. Just need airfare and all set. This offer only requires 4 nights w/ tickets I think, for 4ppl may be low as under $2200 depending what you add/upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter