Will Disney raise wages due to the new tax bill?

Employee compensation is determined by market supply rather than what employees deserve.
Excellent point!!! (Along with all your other excellent points)
Many people seem to forget this basic fact. As long as Disney can get the number of CM's it needs within the current pay structure, there is little reason for them to agree to pay more.

Now, they could play the PR game and say "due to the benefits we will see from the revised Tax program we have revised our offer to the Union to reflect an immediate $2/hour increase and it is now with the Union to vote on," or whatever.
As a shareholder, I'd expect them to evaluate all the alternative uses for these funds and to go with the one that produces the best long-term benefit to me.

The 2014 CBA (which expires in 2019)
Jack, do you have a link to the CBA? You might have provided it elsewhere but I seem to have missed it. I'd love to read the contract. Well, love is perhaps too strong a word especially considering that I am not a lawyer. However, I've got some background in labor relations and find these things sort of interesting.

You would think that the highlighted language gives WDW virtually unfettered discretion to give out bonuses
I'm guessing that the language of the contract also provides for maintaining "past practices". A real catch all phrase that accepts everything that has happened in the past and essentially makes it part of the current contract. Once Disney gives out a pay raise because of a tax cut I can see the Union arguing that Past Practices would require them to do so in the event of a future cut. Of course that would never come up if the tax rate were to increase in the future. ;)

As a shareholder, I'd expect them to evaluate all the alternative uses for these funds and to go with the one that produces the best long-term benefit to me.

Absolutely - and PR (positive or negative) can have an impact on the stock price ... definitely wouldn't expect, or want, them to do it just for the PR - but a lot of the value of the stock is their image

Since I don’t want anyone telling me how to spend my money, I won’t tell Disney how to spend its money.

But I’ll always root for the hard-working men and women of this country over corporate greed.

Right, but who defines what is "corporate greed" vs "good business sense"? Wanting to make current shareholders happy and attract new ones isn't "corporate greed" - it's just good sense when running a public company

By no means does this mean the CMs shouldn't get a raise (I think they should and then those that prove themselves should get even more to "keep" them) but it also needs to make sense from a corporate standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!