Will Disney release 2021 packages early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I know normally the 2021 packages are released in June. With so many people wanting to reschedule their trips, and many probably needing to wait until next year, do you think we might see Disney release their 2021 packages early? I'm thinking it would help them with so many people rescheduling, and might get some money in their pocket, too, with the people who would book for next year. I'll gladly give them $200 now!

I doubt it. TA's and Disney call centers are dealing with enough during this time.

True. I also thought right after I posted, I suppose maybe they'll wait and see how badly they're hit financially, before deciding next year's rates etc... Perhaps the question should be, do we think the release of next year's packages will be delayed?

True. I also thought right after I posted, I suppose maybe they'll wait and see how badly they're hit financially, before deciding next year's rates etc... Perhaps the question should be, do we think the release of next year's packages will be delayed?
I wouldn't think that will happen either unless things are still this bad in June-July (when they normally release them). It really depends on the length of this.

Are the 2021 military discounts released with the other 2021 packages? I was told today that the military discounts would be released in September.

As a TA, I would love it if they released early. It would be a morale booster to be able to book instead of just cancel. I would be surprised if they did release early simply because they have so much on their plates right now and because the call centers have been so busy dealing with cancellations and changes.

We moved our November 2020 to May 2021 - my $200 deposit moved with my dates :)
We do not owe a balance until March 2021 - I am hoping for a vaccine for COVID-19 by then :)

Yes, Disney is allowing people to reschedule their 2020 packages for next year to lock in the dates. But they haven't released 2021 packages yet, so rates for these rescheduled trips are not locked in. Once 2021 packages come out, people will be able to "re-add" park tickets and Dining Plans to their packages, and that is when they will learn what their official package price will be.

Yes, Disney is allowing people to reschedule their 2020 packages for next year to lock in the dates. But they haven't released 2021 packages yet, so rates for these rescheduled trips are not locked in. Once 2021 packages come out, people will be able to "re-add" park tickets and Dining Plans to their packages, and that is when they will learn what their official package price will be.

If you book for 2021 now and you don’t add tickets (I already have tickets from my canceled trip this year) will the price still change?

If you book for 2021 now and you don’t add tickets (I already have tickets from my canceled trip this year) will the price still change?

Park tickets from this year are only valid through December 15 at the same price you originally paid for them. After that, you are responsible for the difference of any price increase. If you purchased your tickets as part of a package, this means that your package price will increase once 2021 rates come out if ticket prices are ultimately more expensive for next year. Ditto for the Dining Plan (if you have that). If you purchased your tickets separately and you only have a room-only reservation, then you will be able to apply the amount you paid for this year's tickets to new tickets, but you will have to pay the difference if your new tickets are more expensive.

Would it be hypothetically more beneficial for them to stay at high prices and lower capacity or lower prices to get attention but have to monitor over booking? This is just an opinion of course, wondered what people thought

Would it be hypothetically more beneficial for them to stay at high prices and lower capacity or lower prices to get attention but have to monitor over booking? This is just an opinion of course, wondered what people thought
IMO, I think they would want to charge more and have less people. That would stink for us, but would make social distancing a lot easier. But honestly, depending on how quickly or slowly the economy rebounds, people may not be able/willing to fork over money for a WDW trip. Time will tell...

I spoke to a cast member to change my reservation today and she cautioned me that the packages may be released later than usual this year. As a caveat, she added that she didn't know, but I did think it was interesting that she offered the information without me asking. So...take that for what it's worth.

I spoke to a cast member to change my reservation today and she cautioned me that the packages may be released later than usual this year. As a caveat, she added that she didn't know, but I did think it was interesting that she offered the information without me asking. So...take that for what it's worth.

Good to know. Given how things are going, that wouldn't surprise me at all now.

I would think later since they have no idea what to really expect...
On a side note, I often find myself really wishing I could see 6months into the future right now...

Maybe? I think they will release the plans for the NBA deal and the parks/resorts opening first and then release packages for 2021 from there. I think it would be really bad form to start offering packages for 2021 while people with reservations for June/July/August have zero idea what is going on and the parks/resorts are closed "until further notice". If you are really interested in booking a package for next year, you can book a basic package now for dates up until early October 2021. A basic package is basically a room-only with package terms and conditions - you can then add tickets and dining easily to that package when they become available.

With July 11th targeted as their open date, I wonder if Disney will put out 2021 packages prior to that. Adding a full year is somewhat of a revenue collector ($200 per reservation), but people will be very eager to switch their current 2020 packages away to 2021 due to park restrictions/limitations and coronavirus lingering fear.

Taking all of those things in account, it would make sense if Disney could wait a little bit to release 2021 packages when it starts to relax it's restrictions (like forcing guests to wear masks, banning fireworks, etc.). Once those restrictions are lifted, people will be more eager to return this year.

Hot take: I think Disney doesn't put out 2021 packages in late June now. I'll go late July/August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter