Will Disney release 2021 packages early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With July 11th targeted as their open date, I wonder if Disney will put out 2021 packages prior to that. Adding a full year is somewhat of a revenue collector ($200 per reservation), but people will be very eager to switch their current 2020 packages away to 2021 due to park restrictions/limitations and coronavirus lingering fear.

Taking all of those things in account, it would make sense if Disney could wait a little bit to release 2021 packages when it starts to relax it's restrictions (like forcing guests to wear masks, banning fireworks, etc.). Once those restrictions are lifted, people will be more eager to return this year.

Hot take: I think Disney doesn't put out 2021 packages in late June now. I'll go late July/August.
Considering that they are not accepting new reservations at this time and that Disney sounds like they are moving to a new system I would expect a delay in 2021 packages now.

Considering that they are not accepting new reservations at this time and that Disney sounds like they are moving to a new system I would expect a delay in 2021 packages now.
Maybe their new system will work well. That would be novel.

The last 4 years it has been the 3rd Tuesday in June. I imagine this year however it will be after they’ve reaccommodated all the guests with 2020 reservations.

If we want to go in May if next year (has to cancel our March trip). Should we be thinking about calling a booking a room only? I’m thinking a lot of people are going to need to reschedule.

If we want to go in May if next year (has to cancel our March trip). Should we be thinking about calling a booking a room only? I’m thinking a lot of people are going to need to reschedule.

I always felt that was premature just to book hotel reservations, unless you wanted a room that was really rare. You are just going have to call again to make into a vacation package.

I always felt that was premature just to book hotel reservations, unless you wanted a room that was really rare. You are just going have to call again to make into a vacation package.
If you want to go for 50th on 10/1/2021 a bunch of the MK resort room types are already sold out. If I was booking that far out I’d use a TA to avoid the extra work.

I'm thrilled that we already booked our room only at Gran Destino for next May!!! :D

Got this year's price for May locked in (yes, that's how it works - price only changes if you make changes to reservation, have done it before) and with all this going on, just glad to have a reservation (of course who knows what can happen).

You only need to call and make it a package if you want dining? We just buy tickets separate. No need to switch to package.

If for some reason when packages finally come out, if it turns out to be a lower price I can just rebook, but I highly doubt that.

I'm thrilled that we already booked our room only at Gran Destino for next May!!! :D

Got this year's price for May locked in (yes, that's how it works - price only changes if you make changes to reservation, have done it before) and with all this going on, just glad to have a reservation (of course who knows what can happen).

You only need to call and make it a package if you want dining? We just buy tickets separate. No need to switch to package.

If for some reason when packages finally come out, if it turns out to be a lower price I can just rebook, but I highly doubt that.

Very cool. I keep learning new wrinkles everyday with Disney.

I’m the kind of person that changes things so much, I need freedom to move things around.

I didn’t realize that you lock into this years pricing. We have booked April 2021 and May 2021 and are debating annual passes. So then it wouldn’t matter I’m assuming.

I got room only quotes from Dreams yesterday. For a room only reservation, I believe you have to pay for the first night of the reservation and the $200? I opted to wait for a package, but I'm booking a family suite at AoA so I don't expect availability issues in a month or so.

Last edited:
I got room only quotes from Dreams yesterday. For a room only reservation, I believe you have to pay for the first night of the reservation and the $200? I opted to wait for a package, but I'm booking a family suite at AoA so I don't expect availability issues in a month or so.
I called Disney when I cancelled my July trip and they applied $200 only for the reservation. I did not have to pay the cost of one night of the room.

I called Disney when I cancelled my July trip and they applied $200 only for the reservation. I did not have to pay the cost of one night of the room.

I reread my email, and the cost for the reservation was first night of the stay, not both or just $200.

Maybe your situation was because of the cancellation.

I don't mind floating a $200 deposit, but $600 is a bit much for something I can wait for.

I reread my email, and the cost for the reservation was first night of the stay, not both or just $200.

I don't mind floating a $200 deposit, but $600 is a bit much for something I can wait for.

Isn't it a $200 deposit for packages and one night cost for room only?

I think he booked it as a package.

ETA: it’s labeled in the app as a 21 return basic package. Don’t know if that’s means anything

Attachments

• F06745D0-744E-451F-A7E9-309AAB7D3458.jpeg
    F06745D0-744E-451F-A7E9-309AAB7D3458.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
When I had to cancel my trip for the end of March into April the cast members were very helpful. They probably have a lot of freedom when helping guests.

In March we rebooked for next summer 2021, and my CM said we could book a “basic package” with $200 deposit & when 2021 packages come out we can add tickets/dining to it. From what I’ve read here & elsewhere (TA YouTube videos), Disney is offering basic packages now, where you just get the room and add more later.

In March we rebooked for next summer 2021, and my CM said we could book a “basic package” with $200 deposit & when 2021 packages come out we can add tickets/dining to it. From what I’ve read here & elsewhere (TA YouTube videos), Disney is offering basic packages now, where you just get the room and add more later.

Yes, they just started doing that in March.

I booked room only in Feb and had to pay one night's deposit. Will buy tickets separate.

I do wonder though, the ones where you booked the basic package price - did you get a quote of how much trip will be? Otherwise I wonder if they will just change your price to the 2021 package price.

If you want to go for 50th on 10/1/2021 a bunch of the MK resort room types are already sold out. If I was booking that far out I’d use a TA to avoid the extra work.

I’m trying to decide on this. My poor TA is probably crazy busy. I wonder if WL is still available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter