Will Disney release 2021 packages early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they just started doing that in March.

I booked room only in Feb and had to pay one night's deposit. Will buy tickets separate.

I do wonder though, the ones where you booked the basic package price - did you get a quote of how much trip will be? Otherwise I wonder if they will just change your price to the 2021 package price.
Yes I got a quote for boTh my April and May 2021 trips

I booked room only in Feb and had to pay one night's deposit. Will buy tickets separate.

I do wonder though, the ones where you booked the basic package price - did you get a quote of how much trip will be? Otherwise I wonder if they will just change your price to the 2021 package price.
We got a reservation confirmation email with the amount of the package minus the deposit we paid. Once we add park tickets to it later, it’ll increase the total package price. But we’re locked into the room rate.

If you book a room only and want to make it a package to add tickets and other stuff, you have to cancel then rebook. At least according to my TA.

I booked a basic package a few weeks ago for January 2021. So basically a room only. We were given a quote and then paid the 200 down. When I look at my trip it shows the remaining balance left. I was also told to go ahead and book the basic package because availability was limited already for our birthday week in January.

I called Disney when I cancelled my July trip and they applied $200 only for the reservation. I did not have to pay the cost of one night of the room.
We did the same and they applied our whole amount from July 4th, 2020 t our new reservation July 9th, 2021. Room only - waiting for packages to come out. I was told that they booked our room only as if it were a package - this would allow the $200 to be applied instead of the 1st nights amount. Obviously, we moved way more than $200 over but the CM said they would do this if you asked - this would allow the $200 to be much less than most 1st night prices. I am not sure how long they will continue with this. We used Disney Gift Cards for a lot of the payments, so being stuck with thousands of dollars on Disney Gift Cards was not ideal, so thankfully they moved it all over the our current reservation.

Isn't it a $200 deposit for packages and one night cost for room only?
They are allowing you, if you cancel, to book room only in 2021 for $200 - as if it were a package. I do not know how long this will last - but that is what we did.

I think he booked it as a package.

ETA: it’s labeled in the app as a 21 return basic package. Don’t know if that’s means anything
It is Disney's way of circumventing the "rules" of vacation packages (when they are not yet released) - it allows the CM to book the room only and only charge you $200. Again, I don't know how long this will last. We were able to do this with our canceled July 2020 reservation - re-booked for July 2021.

It is Disney's way of circumventing the "rules" of vacation packages (when they are not yet released) - it allows the CM to book the room only and only charge you $200. Again, I don't know how long this will last. We were able to do this with our canceled July 2020 reservation - re-booked for July 2021.
Ah awesome. We have two short trips booked with the $200 deposit. 4/1-4/3 at BC and 5/13-5/16 at WL

They are allowing you, if you cancel, to book room only in 2021 for $200 - as if it were a package. I do not know how long this will last - but that is what we did.

Ahh, ok. I usually book Pop, so I sorta forgot that $200 was better for most people. 😄 For me the one night is always cheaper.

I asked my Dreams TA about booking for the 50th and she said she should be able to take care of me next week. I will hope and wait!

Yes, this is called a "basic package". It's essentially a room-only reservation but under package terms and conditions. By booking a basic package now, a guest will be able to add on tickets and/or dining (if they ever make it available again) without having to do a cancel-and-re-book. If anyone is interested in booking a room for 2021 but would eventually like to add tickets and/or dining, make sure to ask your TA or CM to book a "basic package".

Considering you can't get 2020 packages right now, I would say a delay (typically end of June) is all but a formality at this time.

Im supposed to come down for Feb 2021. We stay off property we have a house booked through flipkey. Stressing out already. Havent booked flights yet and the house originally had no cancel clause, not sure if thats changed. I know 9 months is a long ways away to stress but weve set a date of December 1 to decide if were going to scrap the whole trip and move to 2022

Worth noting that Disney put out guidance yesterday that for 2021 they would no longer be offering air travel as part of packages.

Tomorrow is the 3rd Tuesday in June, which has been the release date for packages the last 4 years. So today is the last day they could release packages “Early”.

So I read somewhere on the board that you can call and book room only and because it's before the package releases they will honor it as a basic package, allowing you to add dining and tickets. Is that true, has anyone had experience with this? We want to book Boardwalk for like 12 days, thinking of trying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter