Will Disney require a vaccine to cruise?

I have an Autoimmune Disease and I am an essential worker as a SS teacher who still has to teach in person. So I am going to get the vaccine as soon as it is available as long as the reliable drs and scientist say it is good... not just a certain politician pushing it .. In Colorado I am on the list they say can get the vaccine early, only the medical staff are ahead of me. But I will not be going cruising or even vacation out of my state till I get it. I cancelled many of my trips this summer and only did the camping ones in Colorado to be safe.

I think countries are going to be the ones who will enforce the vaccine issue on the cruise ships, that is something many countries already require when visiting.

Also another issue, the testing on the vaccines have not been done on children yet so it will be even longer before they approve it for children. So I could see the cruise ships saying adults must have it but children do not since they will not be available even longer after it is available for adults.

Or something else they could do give a special wrist band to people who had vaccines so they do not need to wear masks, while all those who did not have one has to wear a mask.

(On a separate issue jane01jp please be kind to those of us who have to work in person and put our lives on the line.)
The only problem with the wrist band idea, and not having to wear masks is that there has never been a vaccine created that is 100% effective. Even with a vaccine, people can still spread disease, just, usually, a smaller amount of the population depending on how effective the vaccine may be.

The only problem with the wrist band idea, and not having to wear masks is that there has never been a vaccine created that is 100% effective. Even with a vaccine, people can still spread disease, just, usually, a smaller amount of the population depending on how effective the vaccine may be.
Very true but masks are not 100% effective either... so depending on the effectiveness of the vaccine if they have similar rates of spread I could see it as a choose your option... either wear a mask or get the vaccine. Now if the vaccine is not that effective than yeah for sure they will still need to do both. It just depends on what the data says.

We never wear masks and don't intend to. You may consider that selfish. That is your prerogative. I don't care whether or not it bothers you that people don't wear their masks correctly. That is a you problem. I thought this site was supposed to be about cruising.
It’s people with this attitude that are keeping us from getting this pandemic under control and therefore affecting the cruising industry as getting this pandemic under control is step 1

It’s people with this attitude that are keeping us from getting this pandemic under control and therefore affecting the cruising industry as getting this pandemic under control is step 1

I do get the feeling behind it, but regardless of what side you're on personal attacks are against the rules. This particular poster has been spoken to about their behavior on the boards already.

Add us to the list. We will get the vaccine, esp for cruising and flying.

while DCL wants people to be safe, the cast members health is important too. If the ship has an outbreak, then the crew members have to quarantine resulting in canceled cruises.

Last edited:

Will Disney require a vaccine to crusie?
Hmm. Assuming we have an effective vaccine then I think they should. And I certainly would strongly consider a cruise line that required it over one that didn't. Again assuming we have an effective vaccine. Here is why. You get covid aboard ship, even if you are vaccinated, word is getting out. And then the first port you get to, someone is going to bail ship. And once that happens word is going to get around nearly as fast as the straw hat ladies in the Bahamas get word around that they have a sucker that will pay full price for everything. That's assuming it didn't get out over radio before then. And at that point your cruise is over. Nobody is going to have that ship.

Now if the vaccine is only 50% effective or something, I can't see them requiring it. But I also see a longer time frame as far as cruising coming back to full in that case.

For me, I guess it will depend on the vaccine. I can't get the flu or pneumonia vaccines, so I'm not certain if I'd even be a candidate for a COVID vaccine once it becomes available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts