Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

WDW and UOR (as well as SW) were all talking to each other throughout the closure. WDW absolutely knew what UOR's reopening plans were ahead of the official announcement. Were some CMs/TDO execs surprised that UOR was going to open VB? Surprised yes but not blindsided. I'm not sure what insiders you're referencing but the original source of the "blindsided" rumor was pretty far off on most of his reopening predictions.

I'm not talking about any rumors. Very trustworthy, long standing insiders simply stated after the reopening plans were announced that Disney was caught off guard by how quickly Universal planned to open.

I think they are more useful for spreading out the arrival of guests than anything. Not sure if that's intentional, but I think it helps alleviate congestion at the touch points.
It only does that if there are more temperature points than there are touch points. I’d drop it at Disney Springs first.

What I think is that the temperature checks are a total waste of time and all it does it create more congestion. I mean even if some person is being extremely stupid and going out when sick with a fever, they are almost certainly have taken fever reducers. So they'll pass right through those temp checks. And if a fever reducer isn't working, then you are likely very sick and probably on the verge of needing a doctor. You won't make 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom. So I'm not sure what people they are catching with those checks other than to just make you feel safer.

Are you talking about Florida Phase 3? That was announced two weeks ago.

Have you watched a Dolphins game? They’re lucky to get 25k in the stands.
No it was an article that came out today on AllEars.net

What I think is that the temperature checks are a total waste of time and all it does it create more congestion. I mean even if some person is being extremely stupid and going out when sick with a fever, they are almost certainly have taken fever reducers. So they'll pass right through those temp checks. And if a fever reducer isn't working, then you are likely very sick and probably on the verge of needing a doctor. You won't make 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom. So I'm not sure what people they are catching with those checks other than to just make you feel safer.
You hit the nail on the head. They are there to make you feel safer. And since most large venues in the country are doing temp checks, I don’t see Disney stopping them soon.

I totally agree. It's for optics. Just like the NFL fining coaches for lack of mask compliance while 50 maskless players run around right next to them.

You hit the nail on the head. They are there to make you feel safer. And since most large venues in the country are doing temp checks, I don’t see Disney stopping them soon.

I also think it is one tangible thing companies can do - and early on the high temp became associated as a key symptom of the disease (since been shown that a lot of people with it don't have a high temp) ... so it is one thing they CAN do. If they didn't and then a big spread happened it would look bad/be a topic of the resulting civil court case

Being that they are still at 25% the question should not be when will they be back to normal but when will they be at 50%. As said just before this, just because we want this to be over does not mean it is over. This will be some time before they are even at 50% let alone 100%.
Probably when the demand justifies it. I’m thinking between thanksgiving and New Years will have the first capacity increase. Hopefully more shows and dining open to offset it. Maybe come up with a solution to fit more people in rides as well. Right now some parks are reaching capacity on weekends.

Probably when the demand justifies it. I’m thinking between thanksgiving and New Years will have the first capacity increase. Hopefully more shows and dining open to offset it. Maybe come up with a solution to fit more people in rides as well. Right now some parks are reaching capacity on weekends.
Its has nothing to do with demand and more to do with being able to social distance. Especially when Land can't open.

my prediction is that Land will open and World will go up to 50% in Q2 barring a major covid spike due to flu season

Its has nothing to do with demand and more to do with being able to social distance. Especially when Land can't open.
Why would Disneyland not opening have anything to do with Disney world expanding capacity? Disney Shanghai and Tokyo have expanded capacity already with no problems. In the announcement for Shanghai it even mentioned they could handle more people and people were cooperating with social distancing. They even needed government approval for it first and then it went through. They were selling out every day.

Disney world has a lot of space to social distance. Now that they have data on what the parks look like with a sold out crowd and social distancing they can make decisions. And there are no government restrictions on them anymore. Disney world will increase capacity if attendance continues to increase and hit the cap more often than not. Hours are already increasing.

I will listen to the doctors rather than the politicians. I will certainly listen to them over most people on a message board. The world has nothing to gain by playing pretend. Its easy to proclaim "facts" when what we see now has been done under lockdown for the most part.

As for WDW, some that have been recently believe that the parks have quietly increased capacity already. Who knows but I won't be there to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter