Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

my prediction is that Land will open and World will go up to 50% in Q2 barring a major covid spike due to flu season

Q2 is where a lot of people think a vaccine of some sort will start hitting the population at large. Just in time for the summer. Let's hope so.

The answer is no given that the reservation system is here until at least 2022.

Personal opinion is that it is never going away even when full capacity is restored. The logic being that they will use the amount of reservations to adjust CM staffing at the parks based on the number of reservations. You will never see pre-covid staffing levels ever again. They will use a dynamic staffing approach in perpetuity.

Personal opinion is that it is never going away even when full capacity is restored. The logic being that they will use the amount of reservations to adjust CM staffing at the parks based on the number of reservations. You will never see pre-covid staffing levels ever again. They will use a dynamic staffing approach in perpetuity.

Disney is selling park hoppers for 2021 now so how will that work?

You reading too much into this just like those who expect things will suddenly change since park hoppers are being sold starting January 1st.

Disney is just covering their bases. They can always dump reservations requirement whenever they find them no longer useful like many other theme parks have done.

You reading too much into this just like those who expect things will suddenly change since park hoppers are being sold starting January 1st.

Disney is just covering their bases. They can always dump reservations requirement whenever they find them no longer useful like many other theme parks have done.

I mean it's easy to drop the reservation system and say "go anywhere folks", just a push of a button really. But refunding money to 10's of thousands people again because they bought park hoppers, thats seems likely something they wouldn't want to do as a "just in case". Especially with their reduced staff.

Disney is selling park hoppers for 2021 now so how will that work?
They’ve been selling park hoppers for 2021 since June. They are just covering as many scenarios they can think of. Easy to refund park hoppers when guests arrive. At some point they will be allowed again as normal. They may even integrate them with the reservation system for the short term.

I mean it's easy to drop the reservation system and say "go anywhere folks", just a push of a button really. But refunding money to 10's of thousands people again because they bought park hoppers, thats seems likely something they wouldn't want to do as a "just in case". Especially with their reduced staff.

well, they would be able to get the investment "float" on the cash in hand for people pre-buying the park hopper and then return it at a later day - so they make a bit of money off of this strategy ... and I suspect more people buy hoppers if offered at the time they buy tickets than would add it later

Plus they could have hopping with park reservations - there just needs to be an available reservation slot for you to be able to hop to that park (basically by hopping you are moving your reservation from one park to the other mid-day, but only can do that if their is availability)

well, they would be able to get the investment "float" on the cash in hand for people pre-buying the park hopper and then return it at a later day - so they make a bit of money off of this strategy ... and I suspect more people buy hoppers if offered at the time they buy tickets than would add it later

Plus they could have hopping with park reservations - there just needs to be an available reservation slot for you to be able to hop to that park (basically by hopping you are moving your reservation from one park to the other mid-day, but only can do that if their is availability)

If reservations do stay this is the option I was hoping for.

Josh D'Amaro said the reservation system was a tech development that was something that could stay post covid, so take that for what it's worth.

Spot on, on both fronts. The reservation system is working quite well and has very little downside with continuing beyond the pandemic. During busier times when they would be at capacity, they can limit APs and maximize profits by alloting more spots to cash quests. Ann don't think Disney wouldn't do something like that.

I think it does make sense to keep the reservation system around post-Covid. It would be useful during the peak holiday periods where Disney has had to close the parks down. And on slower days, folks should be able to add/drop reservations easily since the parks wouldn't be at capacity.

How the reservations system would work with park hopping is less clear, but I figure that's why Disney has an Imagineering department to figure those things out.

I think it does make sense to keep the reservation system around post-Covid. It would be useful during the peak holiday periods where Disney has had to close the parks down. And on slower days, folks should be able to add/drop reservations easily since the parks wouldn't be at capacity.

How the reservations system would work with park hopping is less clear, but I figure that's why Disney has an Imagineering department to figure those things out.
Well, the shell of an Imagineering department. Remember, that department got hit VERY hard with the layoffs.

Does imagineering do projects for systems like that?

Reservations is a gold mine for data analytics and ways to control traffic. Not sure how a park hopper works in that kind of world, but maybe allows you to book two parks.

Maybe it'll be a way you can now justify the extra cost because you don't have to make ANY reservations?

Does imagineering do projects for systems like that?

Reservations is a gold mine for data analytics and ways to control traffic. Not sure how a park hopper works in that kind of world, but maybe allows you to book two parks.

Maybe it'll be a way you can now justify the extra cost because you don't have to make ANY reservations?
WDI doesn’t do as much with the IT portions. Disney definitely has an analytics department. They even hold an annual analytics conference every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter