Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

Josh D'Amaro said the reservation system was a tech development that was something that could stay post covid, so take that for what it's worth.

Would be nice if the tech development actually worked and accounted for all their guests

What do you mean?

They still havent figured out basic needs for folks like ap holders who plan to visit but arent able to renew their passes yet to be able to reserve a date. Just very basic things which were overlooked or ignored. They have had a few months now and havent fixed it.

They still havent figured out basic needs for folks like ap holders who plan to visit but arent able to renew their passes yet to be able to reserve a date. Just very basic things which were overlooked or ignored. They have had a few months now and havent fixed it.

Is that a tech issue or a mgmt decision to downplay ap holders and instead push daily ticket/resort guests ?

So then why even offer renewals and new aps if you dont want them? Its just dumb all around.
They are only offering new APs to those who were previously APs at this time. I don't see why they would stop renewals either. They have those people already "hooked." Selling brand new APs as before would require them to change the terms essentially. Those existing APs have gotten perks to offset the current situations whether its an extension, or refund.

They are only offering new APs to those who were previously APs at this time. I don't see why they would stop renewals either. They have those people already "hooked." Selling brand new APs as before would require them to change the terms essentially. Those existing APs have gotten perks to offset the current situations whether its an extension, or refund.
Hey, I can quit anytime I want to

The answer is no given that the reservation system is here until at least 2022.

Personal opinion is that it is never going away even when full capacity is restored. The logic being that they will use the amount of reservations to adjust CM staffing at the parks based on the number of reservations. You will never see pre-covid staffing levels ever again. They will use a dynamic staffing approach in perpetuity.

.......just saying

The answer is no given that the reservation system is here until at least 2022.

Personal opinion is that it is never going away even when full capacity is restored. The logic being that they will use the amount of reservations to adjust CM staffing at the parks based on the number of reservations. You will never see pre-covid staffing levels ever again. They will use a dynamic staffing approach in perpetuity.
i have a feeling you're right, and its incredibly frustrating. It takes a lot of flexibility (yet again) out of a disney vacation. I mean, we're understanding about a lot of these changes during Covid, it is what it is, and i get why Disney is doing what they are doing, however we go in 26 days, and planning this trip has been a nightmare. Plans change, and it makes it really hard to move your days around if a park is reached it's full capacity of availability. Maybe that wont be an issue when the parks are able to be at full capacity.

I'm not a fan of the after 2pm hopping, again, i'm understanding with Covid, but if that's something that doesnt go away, i'll be really frustrated.

There have been times where we've been in a park and have just not "felt it", and just switched up and hopped over to another park. This makes it hard to do that.

I get it, i'm living in the past here, but those days at disney, minus the ADRs used to be a lot more flexible, but since the addition of the Fast Pass + (I think this is gone for good, but will come back in a pay for use system) and park reservation, it made these trips really rigid.

I think people are forgetting that FP+ was the reservation system. Meaning that when people booked FP Disney knows what parks people will be at. Since FP is gone and not likely coming back, the reservation system takes its place.

I think people are forgetting that FP+ was the reservation system. Meaning that when people booked FP Disney knows what parks people will be at. Since FP is gone and not likely coming back, the reservation system takes its place.

Not sure about that....there's nothing to say I won't use my FP+ at a particular park right? The reservation definitely provides a more accurate count.

Not sure about that....there's nothing to say I won't use my FP+ at a particular park right? The reservation definitely provides a more accurate count.
There is nothing to say you won't use it but it did give them a good idea who is going to be in the parks. I agree that the reservation system gives them a more accurate count which is why its going to stay.

According to articles in Chip & Company, Chapek stated that park reservations and virtual queus are here to stay post-pandemic. He is also pushing for full opening by end of Quarter 4 which is end of September, before the 50th anniversary begins and said we should see masks gone by summer and everything back to full capacity by end of Sept. I'm going Christmas week so hoping that is true BUT would like to see fast passes and dining plan come back if that's the case.

I don't think they will have the cast member numbers to operate at full capacity in the immediate future. I agree with comments above about not rushing to full capacity in order to avoid negative press, etc.

I don't think they will have the cast member numbers to operate at full capacity in the immediate future. I agree with comments above about not rushing to full capacity in order to avoid negative press, etc.

The college program returning is going to significantly increase their labor force for pennies on the dollar. Florida will be terminating enhanced unemployment on June 26th, causing people to rush back to the labor pool or be ready to start jobs in July as well.

The college program returning is going to significantly increase their labor force for pennies on the dollar. Florida will be terminating enhanced unemployment on June 26th, causing people to rush back to the labor pool or be ready to start jobs in July as well.

Disney burned their bridge with their cast aint no building that back.

According to Magic Feather at WDWmagic that parks final max capacity “post-pandemic” will likely be lower than the previous max capacity.

All the more reason they will be keeping the reservation system

The interesting thing about Park Pass is that it allows Disney to "force" Guests to specific park, allowing them to more efficiently determine staffing and transportation at all parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter