Will Disney still be reopening?

Depends. ICU bed space is filling up. If the trend doesn't reverse in a few weeks, I think they will close. How can you keep Disney ooennif you have no ICU beds?

Yep! Number of cases doesn't matter as much as severity. A lot of the cases are asymptomatic (found becaue of contract tracing) and mild symptoms. They seem to still be doing a good job of keeping it out of the nursing homes for the most part which is what causes the biggest problem.

The increase in mild cases is actually a good thing because we'll achieve herd immunity faster.

Yep! Number of cases doesn't matter as much as severity. A lot of the cases are asymptomatic (found becaue of contract tracing) and mild symptoms. They seem to still be doing a good job of keeping it out of the nursing homes for the most part which is what causes the biggest problem.

The increase in mild cases is actually a good thing because we'll achieve herd immunity faster.

Its a good point, and the media cant give up the cash cow of all the negative "Florida see highest surge ever!" headlines.

Its a good point, and the media cant give up the cash cow of all the negative "Florida see highest surge ever!" headlines.
I get your point, but hopefully the media attention will cause people to be more careful in public. I live in the northeast, where Covid was really bad. I'm in the Tampa area right now, and I'm pretty shocked at how careless I see a lot of people behaving down here. No masks, no distancing...both indoors and outdoors. The exact reason why FL cases are increasing.

On Tuesday, the mayor issued a warning that they may have to shut down again due to the skyrocketing number of cases. Each day is higher, and it's worse than before the initial shutdown. This is totally just my opinion, but I do not see how Disney could possibly reopen in three weeks if things don't get drastically better. My gut says the opening will be delayed.

Many states now have test kits that were previously unavailable due to supply shortages. People are getting tested and new cases are being reported as the results come in. MSM is still trying to grab headlines. Rather than reporting how many people are cured, they report the negatives, which will perpetuate the same negativity.

Many states now have test kits that were previously unavailable due to supply shortages. People are getting tested and new cases are being reported as the results come in. MSM is still trying to grab headlines. Rather than reporting how many people are cured, they report the negatives, which will perpetuate the same negativity.

I'm not getting my information from the TV. I'm watching sites that are data-driven.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/states-comparison/testing-state-weekly-change

On Tuesday, the mayor issued a warning that they may have to shut down again due to the skyrocketing number of cases. Each day is higher, and it's worse than before the initial shutdown. This is totally just my opinion, but I do not see how Disney could possibly reopen in three weeks if things don't get drastically better. My gut says the opening will be delayed.
"Worse than before the initial shutdown" needs to be kept in perspective when the situation in the area was not at all dire before the initial shutdown. Orlando had relatively low rates. Of course, cases will rise as places reopen. That's logic. But we can't stay closed forever. As long as hospital capacity is adequate, reopening will need to continue to support the economy and allow people their fundamental freedoms. I can't imagine the mayor ordering the theme parks closed this summer. That would be careericide on his part. There are just too many jobs riding on it, and hospital capacity is not an issue. A mask order, yes. Closing everything again, no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter