Will I be sad if I eat at Citricos instead of Flying Fish? Or should I give up Monsieur Paul?

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
I have a dining dilemma due to logistical issues around a spa appointment. I currently have an ADR at FF for 5:45 p.m. However, my spa appointment isn't scheduled to finish until 5:30 p.m., so I know I won't make it to FF by 5:45 p.m., and so far no later time is available.

I was thinking about Citricos since it's right in GF, although I'll also be dining at the GF Cafe for lunch that day and Narcoosee's later during my trip. However, it is more convenient and the menu also appeals to me.

Any thoughts on whether Citricos is a good replacement for FF?

Another thought is to give up Monsieur Paul the night before (I have an 8 p.m. ADR with Illuminations at 9 p.m.) and do FF instead.

This is just me, but unless you are staying at the Grand, I would not be able to leave a spa treatment and then go to dinner. I would need to take a shower and do my hair, and I cannot make the shower area work to put me back in proper signature restaurant order. I can manage hitting a park after, but Citricos? I would be a mess.

I think your 8 PM ADR at Monsier Paul is cutting it close if you want to see Illuminations at 9. If you are seated late, or the meal is not as timely as you wish, you will be rushing out for the show.

Given a choice if meals, I woudl choose FF, but I never book any meal if I have to rush to get there, or hurry the meal to get someplace else. I wodul look at what you want to do, consider reasonable timeing with enough of a buffer so you are not compromising one experience to race to another, and book meals aroung that.

If my spa treatment went to 5:30, my meal would need to be at least two hours after that.

If Illuminations is at 9, I would not book meals after 7:15 ot 7:30.

WIth that said, CItricos is a nice restaurnt and teh food is good. It is nto the same as Narcoossee so I don't see any issue booking both.

Well, if you ask me, and as someone who has eaten multiple times at both the Epcot resort signatures and the Grand Floridian signatures, I think both of the Grand Floridian ones are superior, both in food, overall presentation, ambiance, and service.

And for that matter, I personally, also consider the experience at Monsieur Paul to be superior to both of the Epcot resort's siggies and would never dream of missing it for one of them.

I still try to eat at the Epcot eateries but this coming trip, I could not fit in both of them, and while I was a bit disappointed by that, I was OK, in the end with that decision and incidentally, I went with Flying Fish over Yachtsman Steakhouse. I think they're both very good but neither tends to WOW me the way some of the other 2 credit places have for whatever reason.

Good news is with signatures you really can't go wrong, though that of course is not helpful :-)

Flying Fish is one of our favorite restaurants and i would definitely pick it over Citricos but it really is a matter of preference. Presuming you want FF for the seafood, Citricos does have it, but FF really shines that that area (duh its in their name). Had you considered moving your GFC or Narcoossee's to this night and then doing Flying Fish in its place?

I can't speak to much for Monsieur Paul's. We went several years back and it was ok, but French food is definitely not our thing.

Thanks everyone, I think my situation has been resolved. I managed to find a later time at FF after my spa appointment -- 8:35 p.m. I was hoping for a little bit earlier than that, but I'll take what I can get!

That will allow me to take a shower and not rush, and not be "sad" about missing out on FF. I used that term mainly because there were very few restaurants that I really wanted to try on this trip, and FF was one of them. My initial reaction when the conflict came up was that I would be sad if I had to cancel the FF ADR. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter