Will I fit on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - Hollywood?

sd2016

Earning My Ears
I have a trip planned with a friend to Universal Studios Hollywood in about a month. I've been having major anxiety about if I will fit on the Harry Potter ride. I've been dieting and working out for a month and plan to keep doing it for the remaining month.

I'm 5'3'', weigh around 285, and wear a size 18W pants. I'm hoping to get down to a size 18 or 16W pant around 260-270 lbs. Do you think I would fit? Has anyone tried the tester seats? How do they work? Does it give you a green light if you fit like in Universal Orlando?

I can't tell you if you will or won't, mainly because I was only 220+ when I was in a 22W at the same height, so we obviously carry weight differently! :)

But I will tell you to wear slippery, NON restrictive clothing, because that will allow the restraints to squish you where the restraints need to squish you.

There are tester seats outside before you even get in the line so you can check. I didn't use them, so I can't give any feedback on those, other than to say they exist.

I am 5'9" and was in about an 18-20 when we went this spring. They were clearly concerned because they made me sit in the testers before the loading area--but only the first time I rode. The issue for me wasn't if my body was going to fit in the seat--I did with no issue. The issue was weather the harness would make it over my boobs and belly to lock. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable ride ever, but I fit (pretty easily, actually).

There was an attendant when I had to use the tester. I'm sure there was some sort of light, but I was too busy getting in and out of the seat to notice.

Hope that helps!

I am 5'6" and about 215 lbs. and I was able to fit even when I was at 225 lbs. when it first opened. I wear a size 16w-18w. It depends on where you carry your weight. The seats are somewhat narrow in the thigh area, but workable. I did not find the pull down restraint to be tight at all, but again, it probably depends on where you carry your weight. Just try the test seat at the front first to be sure. I'm thinking you'll be okay though.

I would be more worried about the Hippogriff rollercoaster. I found that one to be much tighter. I still fit, but I felt that my legs were pressed uncomfortably by the restraint.

I'm hoping someone who is my measurements can tell me if you successfully rode the harry potter rides at universal. I am going to universal Hollywood with a friend's family in may and am terrified of not fitting.

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch wsist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

Thanks

Hi sd2016, now that you've been there can you help by answering your own question? What was your
experience at USH?

I'm 5'5 209. 47 inch chest, 42 inch wsist, 46 inch hips. I'm between a14-18 (depending on the brand).

I was 5'3" and 220, should have been in a 22W (was squeezing into 20W) pant size, and I fit everything in IOA out in Orlando. As far as I know FJ at both parks are the same for fitting.

Hippogriff at Hollywood is different than in Orlando, with individual lap bars that are much more like the Mummy's, and I fit the Mummy in Orlando just fine. (I hadn't been to Hollywood, and Gringott's hadn't opened, before losing the weight, so I can't answer for Mummy in Hollywood or Gringott's, but I believe the approximation is correct)

You're taller and lighter, so you are probably skinnier and easier to fit on those rides than I was. :)

I was 5'3" and 220, should have been in a 22W (was squeezing into 20W) pant size, and I fit everything in IOA out in Orlando. As far as I know FJ at both parks are the same for fitting.

Hippogriff at Hollywood is different than in Orlando, with individual lap bars that are much more like the Mummy's, and I fit the Mummy in Orlando just fine. (I hadn't been to Hollywood, and Gringott's hadn't opened, before losing the weight, so I can't answer for Mummy in Hollywood or Gringott's, but I believe the approximation is correct)

You're taller and lighter, so you are probably skinnier and easier to fit on those rides than I was. :)
Thank you so much!

So with all the controversy with the seats and restraint system Florida's attraction has, they built the same exact restrictive seats in California? Seems kind of like a bum move. But I sincerely hope the OP gets to ride this month!

Either way, I'm 6'2'' and 320 or so pounds at this point and I am going to Universal Hollywood October and I really would like to be able to ride with my party. I fit on Forbidden Journey in Orlando back in 2015, but was unable to fit in August of 2016 (I also couldn't get on the newly redone Hulk coaster, Dragon Challenge, or Rip, Ride, Rock-It)... which was hugely disappointing!

I have been changing my eating habits and regularly exercising, hoping to get back to at least what I was in 2015. I just couldn't get that darn seat to click down all the times they wanted it to. It seems like perhaps my chest is a bit too bulky, on top of my broad shoulders. Does anybody have any ideal chest measurement or anything like that? Or any tips or tricks? It's all just such a hassle! Lol...

For FJ especially it's a combo of measurements. If you are broad and your shoulders have to curve forward to fit side to side, that takes away from chest space. Dh has a thick back, so that takes space from the chest area. If you have a belly it can cause problems. Dh has tree trunk legs, and did so when he was 100+ lbs lighter, and the combo of belly and thigh means even if he could squash the belly with the restraints it's still not going down enough because it hits his legs.

Make sure you're on an end seat for FJ. And the modified seats for hulk (and I think dc has that too).

My hubby has yet to get on those rides. His metabolism is absolutely jacked up and he's been dealing with a pituitary tumor since '09 (finally on its way out though...treatment for it takes ages), so he's had zero success in getting smaller. I hope you have no issues like that and will be successful. :)

Hello! I’ve been reading this discussion board for quite some time now and I would like to talk about my experiences. I hope that this would help anyone who is looking for more information!

In January 2017, I went to Universal Studios Hollywood. During that time, my family and I probably waited about an hour and a half in line for the Harry Potter ride. It was really packed and dark. Once we got sort of near the front, there was a tester seat to try and my sister in law was trying it out and I was embarrassed to try it in front of all those people who were waiting in line. Also, because I thought I would fit in it like I did on all those other universal rides. I was wrong. Once we got on the ramp to get on the actual seats, I pushed the bar down and I couldn’t get it down all the way so the worker there had to tell me to get off. He did tell me to unzip my jacket after pushing so many times on my bar, but I got up and left and was too embarrassed to think straight about anything. During this time I was 5’6”, I weighed approximately 290+ lbs.

I went to Universal Studios Hollywood again today in November 2019. This time I weigh about 268 lbs. My measurements are:
Bust: 50 in
Waist: 44 in
Hips: 53 in
I tested the tester seats in front of the entrance of the ride and was able to pull down on the bar without any extra force and got a green light! I was super excited that I was able to go on the ride!
It was really fun and during the ride I was thinking about how I hope the plus size people who weren't able to go will have the opportunity to go on it some day! It took me 2+ years. I believe in you!

Side note: I really recommend wearing loose, comfortable clothes that allow you to be squished on the restraints and not restricted! I wore a thin tunic top, leggings, and knee high socks over my leggings for warmth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!