Will I lose my fast passes if I switch from Pop Century to DVC?

hockeygoofy

Earning My Ears
I have an existing reservation in August at Pop century (paying cash) that we have had for a few months now and we just booked our fast passes today. We also are in the process of becoming DVC members via resale, just waiting for Disney to process our membership, should be any day now. Our plan will be to cancel our Pop Century reservation and use our points to stay at probably Saratoga Springs since that is the only thing left. If we cancel Pop will I lose my fast passes even if I book SS via DVC before I cancel Pop? Our tickets are not part of a room package, but everything is linked in my Disney experience.

You should not lose them if you make a new reservation within 2 days I believe of canceling. Good luck, hopefully SSR still has availability

Create your DVC reservations BEFORE you cancel your cash reservation and then call member services to cancel your cash reservations explaining to them that you need to keep you FPs just to be safe. It "should" work without having to do that but thats leaving things up to the magic of Disney IT.

I believe you have a 24 hour grace period if you make another room reservation that will keep your current FP selections intact.

MS can’t cancel a cash booking at Pop.
agreed.

you shouldn't need to talk to anyone, just book your DVC and link it in MDE prior to cancelling pop. With my account at least, DVC reservations do not automatically show up in MDE linked to my account. (just go into MDE and add a link to a new resort reservation, then enter the confirmation number from the DVC site).

I recently switched 2 of my eight nights from BRV to BCV for a split stay. The next morning I received 2 emails saying because I cancelled my BRV reservation I was at risk of losing those 2 days of fast passes. I linked the new confirmation# into my MDE account and all was fine...fast passes we're never cancelled and are still there a few weeks later!

+1, it'll be fine, I'd just do what others suggested and book+link the new reservation before cancelling the old. It's most likely a nightly process that checks all the FPs that were linked to a hotel booking to be sure there is still a hotel booking for those dates. It doesn't have to be the same reservation number for them to remain.

You should be fine. I believe you have 48 hours to link a new resort reservation prior to the FP cancelling. Just make the DVC reservation and link it to your MDE account. Once that is linked, you can cancel your POP reservation. It shouldn't be a problem switching without FP canceling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter