Will I Make It?

bitohoney

DIS Veteran
I'd like to eat at GF Cafe on our arrival day and made an ADR for 12:45pm. We arrive at MCO at 10:12am and we are taking the ME, staying at GF. Do ya'll think we'll have enough time to make it to the 12:45 ressie? :confused:

You will be cutting it real close. REAL CLOSE.

It is possible, it usually takes 2 hours from the time you land, get on ME and get to your hotel and checked in. So since you are staying at the resort you are eating at, I say it is probably doable. But if there is any delays, whether at the airports, or you get on a ME bus that has multiple stops and takes longer than average then you will be late.

A perfect trip you will make it, but there is NO room for error.

Good luck, I hope you make it. Enjoy your trip! :)

Hmmm...maybe I will cancel the ADR and try a walk in. If that doesn't work we will do a one and only CS since we are on the DxDP.

If you really want to eat there I would try and make it. Obviously if you see you can't then call and cancel before just to open it up. Then if you walk in later who knows maybe it will make it easier.

We had the same issue last year, but with an EPCOT restaurant. We would have made it on time (we landed at 10:15 and our reservations were for 1 PM- we took the bus to POFQ first and then to EPCOT) but have the number stored on your phone and call if you think you will be a few minutes late. They were VERY understanding and allowed us until 1:15 to make it, 'cause that's the DISNEY way, huh?

I just thought too-you are going in April which is pretty busy so you might want to estimate about 90 minutes in case

I'd like to eat at GF Cafe on our arrival day and made an ADR for 12:45pm. We arrive at MCO at 10:12am and we are taking the ME, staying at GF. Do ya'll think we'll have enough time to make it to the 12:45 ressie? :confused:
If your flight arrives ontime, at 10:12, you should be at the GF by 11:30. The average time, from gate to resort, with DME, is about 70 mins. The longest it has taken me on DME was 90 mins...and there were a lot of extenuating circumstances on that ride.
So...if you get to the GF by noon, you'll be good to go. Get checked in, drop your carryons off either in your room (if ready) or leave them with Bell Services, and head to the GF Cafe. If you were going to a restaurant that wasn't at your resort, then no, you probably wouldn't be able to make it. But I think you'll be fine.

Even if you're late, don't think it'll be a big deal. Because I think you'll find the restaurant is at least 1/2 empty for lunch anyway...the resort table service restaurants rarely get packed with people during the middle of the day unless it's holiday weeks or there's a character meal going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter