Will I upset Member Services?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I’ve been watching the BLT availability for a couple of weeks now and all of a sudden it looks like I’m going to struggle to get a standard view two bed.

We are visiting over New Years and I’m hoping to treat my relatives (it’s my uncles 60th birthday on NYE) and I want to book a Theme park view studio and a theme park view2 bed.

Sadly I don’t have quite enough points to walk my booking the whole way (due to the weekend point cost over Christmas) and I haven’t been able to walk before now, as I have a December use year.

My plan had been to walk online everyday from tomorrow (2 nights in the theme park studio for us, and 2 nights in a std 2 bed for them, just to ensure that we all definitely had some form of accomodation for New Years and then I’d hoped to change my uncles room to a theme park view once we got past 25/26 Dec and the heavy points for the weekend dates).

This plan now appears to have been foiled as I’m already blocked out of the Standard view 2 bed for my first day tomorrow. So now I’m wondering about another plan!! - I am having a few points transferred in from a friend today and once they are in my account, I would have enough points to walk the theme park view 2 bed, but I know with transferred points I would need to ring member services and I just wondered how annoyed they would get with me ringing them to walk a reservation every day for a month?!!

I hate this practice, but I’m really anxious to get the rooms as I promised them to my relatives, before I realised how difficult this was going to be!

Many thanks for your replies x

I am not sure why you believe you need to walk a standard view room. You will notice that for Nov 30 and first week of December, the highest DVC demand time of the year, the theme park view rooms are still open. It is the standard view rooms, the ones you are trying to walk but do not actually want, that disappear right at 8 a.m at 11 months out. You can likely just wait until 11 months out from the start date you actually want to reserve any TP room. Perhaps there is some risk but what is virtually certain is that you will be able to get lake view at 11 months out, and thus if concern is having a room, your back-up plan should likely be to get lake view not standard and skip walking.

I am not sure why you believe you need to walk a standard view room. You will notice that for Nov 30 and first week of December, the highest DVC demand time of the year, the theme park view rooms are still open. It is the standard view rooms, the ones you are trying to walk but do not actually want, that disappear right at 8 a.m at 11 months out. You can likely just wait until 11 months out from the start date you actually want to reserve any TP room. Perhaps there is some risk but what is virtually certain is that you will be able to get lake view at 11 months out, and thus if concern is having a room, your back-up plan should likely be to get lake view not standard and skip walking.
I guess I’m just anxious that I could end up with nothing at all, if I don’t walk something?

But if you are saying that I am certain to get at least a lake view 2 bed at the 11 month window for NYE and NY day, then I will wait - I’m am just getting caught up in how everyone seems to be walking things for weeks and weeks, that I don’t want to leave it and end up with nothing - as it’s a special birthday I have no flexibility at all with date.

thank you for your reply x

If you were really worried, and don’t want to bother MS with the move regularly, book what you can with your points and walk that. Then when you get to your dates, call MS to add the nights with transferred points.

If you want a week and only have enough for 4 nights without transferred points, then book and walk those. It just means you have to change online more often than if you had 7 days.

But it sounds like you aren’t really in need to walk because some view will be there. I guess it’s up to you.

I am now waking at SV studio at BwV for that time frame. Hadn’t planned but when I was able to snag it by chance, I took it.

If you were really worried, and don’t want to bother MS with the move regularly, book what you can with your points and walk that. Then when you get to your dates, call MS to add the nights with transferred points.

If you want a week and only have enough for 4 nights without transferred points, then book and walk those. It just means you have to change online more often than if you had 7 days.

But it sounds like you aren’t really in need to walk because some view will be there. I guess it’s up to you.

I am now waking at SV studio at BwV for that time frame. Hadn’t planned but when I was able to snag it by chance, I took it.
Thank you x that actually sounds like a good plan - I will have enough points for two nights in both the theme park studio and theme park 2 bed, all the way up to 25/26 December and then I would need to use the transferred points just to walk past those two high point days, and then once I get to New Year’s Day the points drop right off, and so I can then add my extra night I need in the studio, as those points will be freed up again with the lesser points total needed for 1st Jan in the two bed! (As I say, I really am points poor -so every point counts for me this year! Lol!)

thanks again for your help x

If I can ask a question in this thread, how hard will it be to get a 2 Bd Standard view starting Jan 1st? Obviously I probably won't even be able to walk it unless I start waaaaaayyyy ahead of time.

If I can ask a question in this thread, how hard will it be to get a 2 Bd Standard view starting Jan 1st? Obviously I probably won't even be able to walk it unless I start waaaaaayyyy ahead of time.
I’m no expert, but I’ve been watching the BLT 2 beds for a few weeks and there have been times I’ve noticed that the std rooms aren’t available at just after 8am, as a prev poster told me though, that could well just be because of the ‘cheap’ early Dec bookings, but I personally would jump as soon as I saw an opening for a standard two bed and walk it to Jan 1st if it was me & it was the only room I could afford - but if you can afford to ‘pay’ more for a lake view one if the std view didn’t come up then I’d be less worried- I’ve not walked my theme park view one in the end, as so far (as previous posters have correctly told me), the availability is wide open for me and so I am trying to not walk at all for it - but it doesn’t stop me being nervous and checking availability everyday! Lol!

Remember with transferred points you need to call MS to use. So if you are expecting availability to disappear right at 8am 11 months out, you will be out of luck....

(IMHO, you are overthinking this....BLT will not be so booked up at 11 months that you need to walk to get a reservation.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!