Will iOS 11 mess up the Disneyland app for MaxPass?? Anyone upgraded?

twodogs

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for DLR today!!! Finally our first Halloween and first time using MaxPass! I am scared to update my iOS because I will be depending on my phone to book our FPs. Has anyone already upgraded today and can tell me that the app is running smoothly/normally? Thank you!

Fun!! I leave mañana!! So excited!!

No way on this planet would I update my iOS before a trip. Nothing to do with app compatibility concerns, but I think they are valid, everything to do with Apple updates. Too many times new bugs are found after an update, vacation is not where I want to discover updating my phone cut its battery life in half because there's a bug in the update! (NOT saying there is but it has certainly happened before.) Therefore the update waits until I'm back from my trip!

ETA: sure enough there are apparently tons of complaints that iOS 11 is killing battery life... http://bgr.com/2017/09/20/ios-11-features-iphone-7-6s-battery-drain/

Last edited:

Fun!! I leave mañana!! So excited!!

No way on this planet would I update my iOS before a trip. Nothing to do with app compatibility concerns, but I think they are valid, everything to do with Apple updates. Too many times new bugs are found after an update, vacation is not where I want to discover updating my phone cut its battery life in half because there's a bug in the update! (NOT saying there is but it has certainly happened before.) Therefore the update waits until I'm back from my trip!

ETA: sure enough there are apparently tons of complaints that iOS 11 is killing battery life... http://bgr.com/2017/09/20/ios-11-features-iphone-7-6s-battery-drain/

Have fun!!!!

I'm leaving next week and was wondering the same thing - definitely waiting until after my trip to install!

I upgraded last night and the app came up fine just now. Not in the parks for a couple months, but it seems ok.

I was having problems with the app before upgrading (having to delete and re-install repeatedly in the parks while using Max Pass). But since upgrading, the app seems to be working fine. Fingers crossed that whatever was wrong before has been fixed with the upgrade. As for low battery, we always carry a power rod with us in the backpack, so that isn't a worry.

I normally do not do an upgrade before a trip, because of the reasons mentioned above, but one time it backfired, and because I did not upgrade my iPad, suddenly my apps crashed, the entire iPad crashed, and battery life went haywire. But iOS 11 scares me. It is so different and I do not want the learning curve to deal with when I need my phone for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter