Will it be cold?

Julie-Anne Hennessy

Earning My Ears
I've just read a couple of post's about DC and people were talking about the water being freezing in winter? I'm booked for December 7th, and maybe it's me being niave, but I was expecting lovely warm water?

I was in Florida in December 2001 and it was 80oc+ some day's!

Is it just cos the water isn't heated in Dolphon lagoon? Is the lazy river etc, heated?

:confused:

Just back from DC and the water was freezing!!! Once you get in though its ok!!! I would suggest a wetsuit though!!

I believe that the water temp for the dolphins, stingrays, and the tropical fish is regulated. If it wasn't, it cause problems for the creatures. Dolphins do better in cooler water, while tropical fish can't take it when the water gets really cold. I'm not sure how much tempature regulation is done to the water where they aren't maintaining fish and other creatures, though.

I have been to DC when it's cold out (high in the 50s), and once you got into the stingray pool and got accustomed to the water, you didn't want to get out because the air felt so much colder. That seemed to be the warmest water. The lazy river water was cooler than that, and the dolphin water was the coldest.

As for how cold it will be outside... well, that varies a lot. Have a look at the historical temperatures to see what it has been in past Decembers. Last year, the records show Dec 7 with high temp of 65 and a low of 40. 2002 you have 72/47 (but Dec 31 of that year you see a high of 80... go figure!). 2001 is 80/64. Florida weather, more than any other state, is impacted by lots of outside forces because it is a peninsula, so you can only predict it in extremely general terms!

Thank you for that info. I am imagining me in that wetsuit right now!?:laughing:

I just hope the weather is anywhere near as nice as my last visit? It's DP's first visit and I keep telling him about this incredible weather. I have also told him to take a sweat top, just incase? He's a big wimp, so he'll probably need thermals!!!!

There was one pool in DC which was heated it was very warm also I found that with your wet suit on you are fine after first couple of minutes:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter