Will it be to cold for Discovery Cove?

ljmclin

Mouseketeer
My family will be going to Orlando November 2014. We will be doing UA/IOA/SW/BG/Discovery Cove/Aquatica. If anyone has gone during this time of year, was the weather a problem at discovery cove? I know wet suits are provided, but I just wanted to be sure my kids would not be complaining of being cold the whole time we are there.

We went Black Friday 2010 and the only person who complained about the cold was my older daughter, but she has 5 layers of blankets, even in the summer. But it was warm enough that Splash Mountain still had all their water cannons going, so I'm not sure if that is a true test. The only place I was cold was where we were snorkeling, but that's because the water is kept very cold.

We were wearing shorts during the majority of our vacation, but I do remember it got very cold (30's) when we left (beginning of December).

Winter weather in Orlando can be variable. On our winter trips, we have been anywhere from hot to freezing and various in-betweens (sometimes on the same vacation!).

That said, we did DC on January 1st, 2012 and had an amazing time. It was quite cool in the early morning but warmed nicely for the afternoon. The wetsuits do help keep your body at a comfortable level, and they had portable heaters around the dining areas where you could speed dry (or warm up!) if need be.

Some of the water areas (specifically, the Freshwater Oasis and the lazy river) are SUPER warm (think bath water comfortable :thumbsup2). Even on a cold day, you'd be warm in that water. Its the air temps that might get you when you finally have to get out to eat :eek: ;) .

We would not hesitate to book DC for another winter visit (we have also been in August when it was super hot). They really are quite nicely set up to take care of guests, regardless of the temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter