Will Marvel create Marvel Stores to sell Marvel merchandise?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I often wondered if Marvel will someday have stores similar to Disney Stores but called Marvel Store or Marvel Universe Stores and what they would be is stores selling everything Marvel from clothing to art to comics to movies and feature a kids section with kids clothing Marvel toys such as action figures plushies and feature a play area for young children to play pretend. And from time to time Marvel Universe or Marvel Stores would feature meet and greets with various superheroes such as Iron Man Hawkeye Captain America Ant-Man and many others and at every store's opening kids would selected to open the stores and be called Hero/Heroine Of The Day and believe me if Marvel Universe stores were to exist Marvel fans would go wild at these stores. Because I think Marvel should seriously think about opening stores to sell more Marvel merchandise and it would be a smash if it were to happen
Do you agree?

No, leave that for local comic book stores. They're having enough issues as is without Disney stepping into selling comics, etc. Plus, they have enough Marvel items from plenty of official places and non-official places if you know where to look. If you want to visit Avengers, go to Disneyland.

There are so many other places to buy Marvel merchandise, both in stores and online. The other day I was at Kohl's and they had some Marvel stuff. There wouldn't be a need or even demand for a store that just featured Marvel merchandise.

Disney needs to focus on fixing the Marvel comics arm first and foremost. Fire the grifter-in-chief and rework the entire structure of the stories, publication cadence, and even distribution.

Disney needs to reopen Disney Stores first, which is very unlikely to happen.

I wish they'd return, but alas.... I think they love the margins on ShopDisney...

I doubt it. Brick and mortar stores are struggling, and as others pointed out, the Disney stores themselves aren't even around anymore. Plus the fact that you can already buy all the Marvel merchandise from just about any other store, there isn't really a need for it. They would probably actually end up losing money comparatively in the long run trying to open and operate a niche store than just taking the profits from selling the products through other stores.

What really could work for Marvel Universe is if Marvel were to build the stores if they existed would try to attract the comic book fans and if they had Marvel character meet and greets Marvel fans would go wild over them. Because people and kids love meeting Marvel characters just as much as meeting Disney characters at Disney theme parks. And I think the Marvel Universe stores would be huge in malls if they existed and probably cause comic book shops to go broke. Because with Marvel being a big huge success it would sure be cool to see a Marvel merchandise store

What really could work for Marvel Universe is if Marvel were to build the stores if they existed would try to attract the comic book fans and if they had Marvel character meet and greets Marvel fans would go wild over them. Because people and kids love meeting Marvel characters just as much as meeting Disney characters at Disney theme parks. And I think the Marvel Universe stores would be huge in malls if they existed and probably cause comic book shops to go broke. Because with Marvel being a big huge success it would sure be cool to see a Marvel merchandise store
Malls are dying with the exception of larger, destination-type malls (ie Mall of America, even though that’s a shell of itself from when I used to live in Bloomington, and it was my closest mall). No one is going to create a new concept to place in a mall; that would be financial suicide. The only place something like this would work is in a high-tourist area, and even then it would be iffy. There’s a Marvel store in DS, and it’s rarely busy.

Marvel merchandise has fallen drastically in recent years. They need to fix the franchise before they could consider even doing pop ups around new movie releases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter