Will MS reallocate these points?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I have a stay reserved in January, which includes some banked points from 2019, so they must be used by the UY, which is August. I also plan to reserve another vacation for May, using my current UY points. If I don't feel comfortable going to WDW in January, can I call MS and will they reallocate my points so that my banked points now get used for my May reservation? I'm assuming I'll make the decision whether or not to cancel January by mid-November, plenty of time to avoid any dreaded holding points.

I have a stay reserved in January, which includes some banked points from 2019, so they must be used by the UY, which is August. I also plan to reserve another vacation for May, using my current UY points. If I don't feel comfortable going to WDW in January, can I call MS and will they reallocate my points so that my banked points now get used for my May reservation? I'm assuming I'll make the decision whether or not to cancel January by mid-November, plenty of time to avoid any dreaded holding points.
They can, assuming that the points are from the same home resort. IOW, if the May reservation was made using points from Home Resort X and the January reservation was made with points from Home Resort Y they may not be able to reallocate the January reservation’s points to the May reservation. You would have to be within the 7-month window AND there would still have to be a room available for one or more nights at May’s resort.

If the points are from the same home resort and UY, then there should be no problem. In fact, you could even do it online. Just “modify” your May reservation without changing the room category or dates. The software will initially look as if it isn’t going to take those banked points first, but it will once you confirm your “changes”.

They can, assuming that the points are from the same home resort. IOW, if the May reservation was made using points from Home Resort X and the January reservation was made with points from Home Resort Y they may not be able to reallocate the January reservation’s points to the May reservation. You would have to be within the 7-month window AND there would still have to be a room available for one or more nights at May’s resort.

If the points are from the same home resort and UY, then there should be no problem. In fact, you could even do it online. Just “modify” your May reservation without changing the room category or dates. The software will initially look as if it isn’t going to take those banked points first, but it will once you confirm your “changes”.

Sorry, I didn't know that home resort would be an issue. I have enough points to have both the January and May stay booked by, say, October (within 7 months for May). But then, if I decide to cancel January and transfer those banked points to my May reservation, I'd have to be sure that both the banked and the 2020 points are from the same resort? I don't even know what resort my banked points are from! Guess I'll have to find out.

Sorry, I didn't know that home resort would be an issue. I have enough points to have both the January and May stay booked by, say, October (within 7 months for May). But then, if I decide to cancel January and transfer those banked points to my May reservation, I'd have to be sure that both the banked and the 2020 points are from the same resort? I don't even know what resort my banked points are from! Guess I'll have to find out.

They only need to be from the same resort if you want them to be put into a trip made before the 7 month mark. If you make thr May trip at 7 months or less, it doesnt matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter