Will Seaworld be crazy on May 24th?

rlu929s

Mouseketeer
We've got tickets to both LegoLand and Seaworld and we were going to do each on the 19th and 24th with Disney in the middle.

With the announcement of the new ride Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin I'm tempted to do Seaworld on the 24th and see the new ride, but part of me is afraid the park will be nuts that day.

Thoughts?

Even when SW is packed it is still do able. We went for new yrs eve. First time we ever had to wait in line to walk through the attration sharks. We just had to be at shows a bit sooner. We didn't do any rides so I'm sure there will be a good wait for those too. I would definitly do SW if those are your only days cause like you said Anartica is something not to miss.

I would expect it to be totally packed that day.

If you want to see everything EXCEPT for Antarctica - it might actually be a good day for it, since most people will be in that area and the rest of the park might not be bad.

If you want to see Antarctica - be ready to wait and fight crowds.

This is just my best guess, nothing official or based on anything I have heard.

I would expect long lines for Antarctica for sure, and possibly also longer than average for the other major attractions (Atlantis and Kraken are very close to the Antarctica, Manta is nearer the entrance of the park, and Turtle Trek particularly, as it is still also new). I know we are avoiding SeaWorld that weekend for that reason. I agree that SeaWorld never seems AS bad as the other parks even when packed, though.

I can't imagine going to Sea World on the 19th when you can go on the 24th to see the new ride.I mean you have to think that even if the crowds are big Sea World has more shows than rides where you don't have to worry about long waits.Sure that the new ride is going to have a long wait,and the coasters and Journey to Atlantis will also have longer waits than normal,but in my opinion it's worth it to get to see the new ride.One thing to take note of is that even though I haven't heard anything there might be a soft opening of the ride before the official grand opening,with the 19th only being a couple of days away I doubt it but I would be wary of it.If the ride is in a soft open mode on the 19th I would obviously prefer to go then than on the day it's announced to open.If there's no soft opening I would go on the 24th.I got to go in the new Fantasyland on the first day it soft opened and only waited like 30 minutes for the little mermaid ride when the day it officially opened was probably at least double that.

What about going to Seaworld on the 19th and doing everything and upgrading to a 2 day when you leave. Then you can go back on the 24th in the morning and do the penguins then go to Legoland. Best of both worlds!

What about going to Seaworld on the 19th and doing everything and upgrading to a 2 day when you leave. Then you can go back on the 24th in the morning and do the penguins then go to Legoland. Best of both worlds!

I wouldn't consider that because trying to do a new attraction on the opening day will eat up your entire morning,lines will be long,the ride could go down for a while and it takes 45 minutes to get to Legoland from Disney,from Sea World more like 1 hour,so you could be looking at getting to Legoland at 1-2 pm when most people suggest getting there at park opening to get everything in as the closing times are not that late.When I went to Legoland I spent 7 hours there and still didn't get quite everything in,and I went on a day with light crowds.

To report SeaWorld was miserable. We enjoyed the shows, but probably should have kept our original plans. There was no soft opening, so wait times were about 5 hours for Antartica. Needless today we didn't ride it. The park was, so busy and it seemed SeaWorld is just not used to handling crowds at that level. We might one day give it another chance when it's cooler and with less people, but SeaWorld was a least favorite.

Legoland was hot, but a really cool park. It did take a full day and we skipped some things, but did a majority.

Thanks for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter