Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

I don't se how they can do this, it just sounds so un sanitary. We don't even use the coffee makers in the room just thinking about all those unsupervised "children" in the rooms.

Are the dispensers not already in the value resorts? I don't really have a problem with them as long as they are cleaned. There are germs everywhere, you can't sanitize the world. If they look like they haven't been cleaned, I'd ask housekeeping to come and clean them. I like getting the little personal size ones, but they are hard to empty. I think the tubes look great I hope they are in my BWV 1 bed at the end of October. Only 34 days to go! I'm starting to feel the joy!

"McClendon, who cleans the bathrooms at Detroit Metro says workers do not believe a passenger is responsible. It would have to be a person who had access to the soap dispensers."

Most times, we simply have to place trust in fellow human beings to not act irresponsibly. Waiters, chefs, bartenders, mechanics, medical workers...every day we encounter dozens of people who could wreck havoc with little effort.

The photos of the bulk dispensers Disney tested were secured with a locked bracket. The individual bottles currently in use are not sealed in any way. Honestly I think the odds are much greater of a Cast Member--or a previous guest--tampering with the small bottles. I doubt that housekeeping discards all remaining bottles if they're still sitting on the vanity and appear to be untouched. That's completely wasteful, and unnecessary 99.999% of the time.

My understanding is that the bottles are locked down, and they don't refill them, they attach a new big bottle.

I was surprised to find larger (2oz) bottles of
1. sea marine revitalizing shampoo
2. Sea marine revitaling conditioner
3. Sea salt body wash
4. Sea salt body lotion
5. Sea salt facial soap
6. Sea salt bath soap when I checked in my BWV room this visit.
(It is the same kind of soaps as they provide at the Grand Californian.) The larger size bottles are nice.

Personally I am not a fan of the H2O products. Very harsh on the hair ( I use the shampoo as body soap..:) )

Same here. I don't enjoy using them. I bring my own in 3 ounce bottles - usually enough for me for the week. I also bring a small soap bar. Which reminds me I have to swing by the store and get some this week for my trip.

Same here. I don't enjoy using them. I bring my own in 3 ounce bottles - usually enough for me for the week. I also bring a small soap bar. Which reminds me I have to swing by the store and get some this week for my trip.
I buy my shampoo and conditioner in gallon bottles and fill smaller eight ounce bottles to use at home. Those go with me on vacation, too.

Has anyone stayed at BLT in the last week or so? I'm packing for a 9 day trip starting on Saturday. Those one oz bottles were not quite enough, but the two oz tubes we had at BCV were plenty.

Is the number of toiletries sets relative to the number of people in the room?

We pay for any expense caused to buy/replace the toiletries in the rooms. So the reason is not economic, at least not for the DVC rooms.
It might be environmental. It might be that people are surprised that in a "deluxe" accommodation they have to bring their own shampoo and shower gel. It might be to save time for housekeepers.
I personally prefer to have the big bottles rather than the miniatures. It'll save me a few ounces in the luggage.

Agree. If Disney was concerned about saving the environment they could put the shampoo/condition in small waxed cardboard boxes. Disney could use paper bags for shoppers. Disney could..... Disney is just being cheap.

This for sure. But a nice way to eliminate a large expense.

Agree. If Disney was concerned about saving the environment they could put the shampoo/condition in small waxed cardboard boxes. Disney could use paper bags for shoppers. Disney could..... Disney is just being cheap.

We go to Woodloch pines to, they changed over to paper packaged toiletries. The drawback-really single use. They're not good for DVC as we only get toiletries every 4th day. They can put back the mugs and glasses in DVC studios or not use individually wrapped plates, bowls and cups. Or paper bags orrrrrrrr like in DL, use washable plates and flatware at QS restaurants too. I'm a DVC member for 16 years.THIS is really making me VERY angry. $3700/year in dues. They can give me my own bottle of shower gel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!