Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

We bring all our own, don't care for the H2O products

Last edited:
After a few days in a 2 bed, seeing the little plastic tubes littering the sides of the bath, next to the sinks, on the floor, on the shower seat (AKL), (I have kids!) all destined for landfill, personally I think it shows great unnecessary waste.
I much prefer the large dispensers. You get these in 4/5 star hotels often in Europe.

Having big soap bottles is becoming commonplace here in Europe and I like it. It's a win win situation:

I totally agree, its a win for the environment. Any savings at DVC goes directly into our maintenance. So I'm all for it.

I am torn. I realize the dispensers are better for the environment but the germ potential grosses me out. I will likely bring my own products if the change happens.

ETA that I agree with those who said the H2O shampoo is harsh on hair. The other products are good but I can’t use the shampoo.

Last edited:

I detest the H2O scent too. Smells mediciney...the dog shampoo description is quite apt.

We bring our own shampoo and stuff so this is a complete non-issue. HOWEVER, when we went to Discovery Cove, both DH and I used the provided dispensers of shampoo/conditioner and body wash they provided.

On a thread on the resorts board its stated that right now the wall mounted thing is being tested at a dvc, I think Saratoga springs and the feedback has been very positive. Apparently soon enough these will be installed throughout dvc.

I pay too much for my hair to be highlighted blonde, bring my own product.

The mr lives the h20 shampoo. It tends to make his hair look thicker, his tends to oily. Yes, I often will purchase it for him I larger bottle but sure is nice to get it ‘free’ lol

I detest the wall mount versions we experienced at pop. Couldn’t help but think they would be good substitute for Petri dishes yuck

Just back from poly (not DVC). Don’t remember receiving small aloe lotion or box with shower cap, qtips ay BWV in July

Saw this on Facebook. It looks like they are being added to OKW.

Oh, that's not what I thought they'd be like. I kind of like that idea. I've been on a Carnival cruise a couple of times, I don't really care for the style of their dispensers...these in the resorts look like they'd be easier to use. I may bring may own body wash, though. I should think sea salt could irritate any cut or scratch.

Ugg. I do not like common bath liquids. I do not think they are sanitary.

I do like the products however.

Funny how many germs we come into contact with, especially when traveling. Everything at Disney is a worldwide petri dish, really, yet communal shampoo just grosses people out somehow. Communal soap in public bathrooms is fine, as are communal napkin dispensers, ketchup dispensers, etc. Even the beloved Beverly cup dispensers.

It's just a change, and hardly the worst one (or even top 10 worst IMHO). Wipe them off with a sanitizing wipe and they're good as new.

Ugg. I do not like common bath liquids. I do not think they are sanitary.

I do like the products however.

Maybe I'm getting a bit untrusting of Disney but who's even to say that the product they replace in these will be the H2O? For example it's very common in restaurants - buy the smaller Heinz ketchup bottles but they'll refill those from a gallon jug of some ketchup from Sysco that might be anything.

Now maybe they'll actually replace these bottles every time they get low on product but maybe not.

I suspect they will use the h2o. They probably don't even pay for it like half the other products they provide.

That is probably true.

I just know what can be done with these community type dispensers and Disney is getting particularly penny pinching. The hope is that H2O provides the products for free and is somewhat aware that there's a potential for their mis representation now.

Maybe I'm getting a bit untrusting of Disney but who's even to say that the product they replace in these will be the H2O? For example it's very common in restaurants - buy the smaller Heinz ketchup bottles but they'll refill those from a gallon jug of some ketchup from Sysco that might be anything.

Now maybe they'll actually replace these bottles every time they get low on product but maybe not.

As a teenage I worked in a tofu factory, and we would sell products "off label" to several other stores, or completely by another company who contracted the food processor out. So, Heinz could be making ketchup for several other companies, or contracting it out to others.

As a teenage I worked in a tofu factory, and we would sell products "off label" to several other stores, or completely by another company who contracted the food processor out. So, Heinz could be making ketchup for several other companies, or contracting it out to others.

Oh trust me - it wasn't Heinz.

I've worked places that would have their own labels on items and know that often these products are actually brand names - maybe not top labels but well known. It's not like the ketchup wasn't ok but it wasn't what people would have assumed it was from the label.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!