Will the shower soap/shampoo/lotion dispensers be put into DVC rooms?

The tiny bottles are replaced by housekeeping during their room service between guests. It's better access to these dispensers to tamper with them than the small bottles which unless their stolen then replaced on the housekeeping cart are controlled.

I saw a post on another unnamed forum that showed someone easily tampering with the locked holder at SSR and they pulled out a bottle. So what I expect to happen is people will either steal the whole bottle or they will empty it into bottles they bring. That will be the big problems with these bulk bottles. I expect tampering would be very rare. Unless the prankster is there to see the results, it's not as much fun.

I saw a post on another unnamed forum that showed someone easily tampering with the locked holder at SSR and they pulled out a bottle. So what I expect to happen is people will either steal the whole bottle or they will empty it into bottles they bring. That will be the big problems with these bulk bottles. I expect tampering would be very rare. Unless the prankster is there to see the results, it's not as much fun.

And the bottle wouldn't even have to be removed to fill your own bottles. If you love H2O and feel so inclined this was always going to be a free refill.

Are smaller bottles still by jacuzzi tubs?

I truly find the large dispenser icky. Certain cruise lines have had them for years and I have always avoided these.

Last edited:
And the bottle wouldn't even have to be removed to fill your own bottles. If you love H2O and feel so inclined this was always going to be a free refill.

I'm sure some number crunchers have run the math on it, but yeah, that's going to be a major problem also.

Disney has large, I think gallon sized, bottle of product used to fill dispenser bottles. I suspect the product cost Disney is small. The guests who bring empty bottles to fill are probably the same guests who grab handfuls of small bottles from housekeeping carts. I'm sure the bean counters have done the math.

The solution, assuming horrible guest behavior, would likely be to discontinue supplying shampoo not going back to environmental wasteful, and expensive, tiny bottles.

Even though I will miss getting the small bottles, I do like the thoughts of not packing shampoo, conditioner and body wash in my bags now. So do all the units at SSR have these now?

Even though I will miss getting the small bottles, I do like the thoughts of not packing shampoo, conditioner and body wash in my bags now. So do all the units at SSR have these now?

I would expect SSR to have them installed along with the room refurbs and those have not started yet afaik although they it should be soon. Probably after OKW is completed.

I would expect SSR to have them installed along with the room refurbs and those have not started yet afaik although they it should be soon. Probably after OKW is completed.
Ok, they have not started putting them in yet? They will when the refurb starts? I will go in early April so that is looking as if I might be packing these products again if so.

Ok, they have not started putting them in yet? They will when the refurb starts? I will go in early April so that is looking as if I might be packing these products again if so.

From what I've seen OKW is the first DVC to get them. I believe that SSR had them in the test room.

I'm much more worried about a 10 year old thinking its hilarious to take a wee in there than anything else. My family will not be using them. As said early there are dozens of youtube videos on how to open these with objects on hand.

Personally I think they are tacky and reduce the overall classiness of what Disney refers to as "Deluxe" resorts. Honesty Id rather them hide the 3-5 dollars it takes to provide the regular bottles in the cost of the room.

I stayed in the Grandstand 2 bedroom last October and the larger bottles were in the bathrooms. So some have them already.

I stayed in the Grandstand 2 bedroom last October and the larger bottles were in the bathrooms. So some have them already.
Ughhhh, I guess it would be better to pack them and not need them than to gamble with getting a room with them.

The wall mounted ones? I just ask because when this comes up a lot of people have been posting pictures of larger individual bottles - like 2 oz instead of 1 oz. so just making certain. :)

The wall mounted ones? I just ask because when this comes up a lot of people have been posting pictures of larger individual bottles - like 2 oz instead of 1 oz. so just making certain. :)

They are wall mounted in the shower. Three bottles are almost fully enclosed except to expose the H2O labels from what I recall. They appear to be 12-16oz bottles. Probably 12s to try to limit product waste and theft. They are silver in color. Are not movable and are pump mechanisms like the ones you buy at BB&B that are bound to fail at least every few months. Guess how I feel about this whole project? :D

Yes the wall mounted ones. I posted a pic of them in another thread and deleted the pic off my phone. But it appears most of the resort did not have them.

I haven't read the entire thread, but personally, I think this is more about saving money due to stuff being taken home more so than some sort of "environmental statement." Sure is convenient though, when the pencil pushers' agendas come together with the environmentalists. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Like how removing straws or plastic bags is convenient for both environment and budget as well. (Not to hijack, but I had to put my Disney Store purchases in my purse last weekend because of no bags. I totally felt like I looked like a shoplifter with a t-shirt and tiny ceramic bowls in my purse. Glad I had my big purse!) I'm sure some environmental benefits are more expensive also, but some of the ones that are really popular right now also have the cost saving aspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter