Will Universal ever build a Harry Potter themed hotel?

I don't think popularity is a problem. The Potter books, by making magic anathema to technology, will have a timeless quality about them. So they will play as well for the next generation as the first, second and third. I expect they will be popular for a very long time.

I think the problem with a Harry Potter hotel is what was mentioned earlier, that a themed hotel is not the business Lowes is in and Universal is not in the hotel business. To do what Disney appears to be doing with Star Wars, you need to be in both businesses, entertainment and lodging. Whether there is a problem with JK Rowling or not is different. But as Universal currently has their lodging logistics set up, I just don't see how they can create an immersive, storyline hotel.

Last edited:

Plus with the way VFX is becoming cheaper, they could eventually adapt the Harry Potter stories as a television show.
I’d love a Voldemort tv show. Just showing how he rose to prominence in the time he left working at borgin and Burke’s until he was super powerful. Would be really dark but that shouldn’t be a problem on modern streaming platforms

They have two options I can think of straight away Durmstrang Institute and Beauxbatons. Then you have the Ministry of Magic or a risky one would be Azkaban.

more saying that avatar was "past its prime" when pandora opened/built
But Avatar 2 is set to release at the end of this year, with more in the pipeline. While HP is doing the Fantastic Beasts spin-off series, that's not quite the same thing.

But Avatar 2 is set to release at the end of this year, with more in the pipeline. While HP is doing the Fantastic Beasts spin-off series, that's not quite the same thing.
Avatar 2 isn't due out until Dec 2020, and when dealing with Cameron, that's no guarantee either.

Avatar 2 isn't due out until Dec 2020, and when dealing with Cameron, that's no guarantee either.
It appears that my brain misread the "18" in the Dec 18, 2020 date as the year when I Googled it. But either way, its likelihood is a whole lot greater than an extension of the original HP vehicle.

The last time we we're at US we went to Diagon alley and back to Hogsmeade. (As a side note I hope the Disney imagineers are taking a cue from US and build Galaxies Edge with as much detail and interaction.) We saw a number of people in Hogwart's robes & carrying wands, and I don't mean just kids. We saw folks from their 20's on into 50's or 60's dressing up as well. I would imagine there would be a huge group of people that would love a HP hotel experience. Personally I would not be that interested in a Pandora resort, I would however be very interested in a HP stay depending on the price.

I might be totally wrong but I swear there was talk about it right after Disney announced the Star Wars hotel... or at last something like it was asked on a questionnaire to guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!