Will we be able to KEEP our fast passes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation onsite in May. We may end up staying offsite, waiting to hear about condo availability, but won't know until around 3 weeks before our check in . Will we be able to keep the fast passes that we made 60 days out with our onsite stay?

Yes if you need to cancel the onsite hotel three weeks from check in date you will not loose your fastpasses or dining

Yes if you need to cancel the onsite hotel three weeks from check in date you will not loose your fastpasses or dining
Do you have experience with this? Everything I've read points that FP+ are linked to the room reservation so they would be lost. I figured that was why people book and pay for a throw away room rather than just book a room and cancel? I think your dining might be ok though.

yes

I purchased tickets from undercover tourist and a room at akl but needed to cancel the trip.

I went online and cancelled the hotel and a couple days later i went on mde to check waittimes for a friend and noticed my fastpasses were still there.

I called Disney and they said since my tickets were purchased separately and not purchased as a package with the hotel room the fastpasses were not cancelled when I cancelled my hotel.

So i went ahead and cancelled the fastpasses -probably made a couple people very happy.

So sorry my reply only matters if your park tickets were not purchased as part of a package with your disney hotel. I cannot speak to a package deal.

Edited: also i cancelled the hotel reservation a little less than a month before the trip.

Last edited:

I think your dining might be ok though.

Dining reservations, once made, have nothing to do with resort stays.
They are not related.

In fact, the only relation to a WDW resort stay and ADRs is that guests with WDW resort stays can book ADRs 180 days in advance... PLUS, the remainder of their stay.
(It just allows advance-booking a bit earlier than the standard 180 days.)

OP here. Two of us have AP's and the other person bought their ticket through another vendor( legitamite, but don't think I can name them here) We should be ok I presume?

I think in theory you should be okay.

There's a chance that WDW will cancel the ones made for 60 days out because they were "fraudulently" made. I doubt they will, and I know things like this happen quite a bit. But you never know when WDW is going to crack down and decide to follow their rules to the letter in regards to FPs. So while you'll probably be okay, a chance does exist you might not be.

How's that for a clear answer?

We have a reservation onsite in May. We may end up staying offsite, waiting to hear about condo availability, but won't know until around 3 weeks before our check in . Will we be able to keep the fast passes that we made 60 days out with our onsite stay?
Since it will be within 30 days, you'll be fine.

the other person bought their ticket through another vendor( legitamite, but don't think I can name them here)

No restrictions on mentioning WDW authorized ticket resellers.

In fact, if a guest has experience, good or bad, with tickets, it can help to report that on the boards.

I think in theory you should be okay.

There's a chance that WDW will cancel the ones made for 60 days out because they were "fraudulently" made. I doubt they will, and I know things like this happen quite a bit. But you never know when WDW is going to crack down and decide to follow their rules to the letter in regards to FPs. So while you'll probably be okay, a chance does exist you might not be.

How's that for a clear answer?
Not sure what is fraudulent about it. We have a legit onsite reservation booked. There is a chance we will cancel if the condo becomes available but we're not doing anything unseemly which is why I asked. Are the fast passes connected to the resort reservation or the tickets?

Are the fast passes connected to the resort reservation or the tickets?

Having valid tickets are required for booking and "keeping" FP+ reservations.
If you have sufficient stand-alone tickets in your MDX, any booked FP+ will stay in your MDX.

If your tickets were part of your WDW Resort Package, then you should buy new stand-alone tickets and connect them with your MDX before canceling your WDW Resort reservations.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. Seems to me any FP+ made before the date on which offsite guests could book FP+ should be lost.

Interesting thread. Seems to me any FP+ made before the date on which offsite guests could book FP+ should be lost.
But they aren’t lost. It’s the linked tickets that keep the FPs intact.

As soon as FPs are booked, they remain no matter how far out the room is canceled (59 days out, 40 days out, 31 days out)...so, if it’s known that a Guest is changing to an offsite Stay, they should cancel the onsite room as soon as possible to open up that room for others to book.

Not sure what is fraudulent about it. We have a legit onsite reservation booked. There is a chance we will cancel if the condo becomes available but we're not doing anything unseemly which is why I asked. Are the fast passes connected to the resort reservation or the tickets?

You honestly don't see anything unseemly about it if you decide to stay offsite? You're using a perk reserved for people who are staying at and paying for a WDW resort -- the ability to reserve a FP at 60 days -- and then are deciding not to stay at a WDW resort, thereby diminishing the benefit to the people who actually live up to the implicit agreement. Disney doesn't offer the benefit with the intention of people making reservations at its resorts; it offers the benefit with the intention of having people stay at its resorts. It's the equivalent of cancelling a reservation at Beach Club but still expecting to use its pool. The difference is WDw allows it. For now.

It ain't the end of the world, but it's disingenuous to think it's the way the system was intended. Even the throwaway room folks end up giving WDW some money. Like so many things at WDW, I'd imagine that this will get changed one way or the other -- maybe WDW will assume that because someone cancels their hotel reservation then all tickets linked to that person should be cancelled, too. As the place gets more crowded in the next four years, I'd expect ANY and every loophole out there to be taken away. Those perks are just going to be getting more precious as the attractions and the crowds increase.

Because the OP has received at least one very correct answer to her question, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter