Will we be missing out in December?

Will we miss out?

• Yes, go for a whole week

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No, you can always come back

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
You can upgrade any tickets you have purchased through a TA to an AP while you are there in October if you want to go that route.

As far as going during PopWarner, I would consider whether this is going to be a park intensive trip or if you would spend a lot of time relaxing at your resort. If you plan to spend most of your time out and about, you should be Ok. The food court may be busy, but that can happen any time. I have traveled during Pop Warner many times and not had any major problems. It seems like the major complaints are noise at the resort, which you wouldn’t notice if you were in the parks, and the busy food court.
We will be in the parks most of the time so I feel a lot better about it now. Thanks!

You can upgrade any tickets you have purchased through a TA to an AP while you are there in October if you want to go that route.

Yes. Do this. They will apply the value of your October tickets to an AP.

And then re-book your December trip dates using the AP room-only discount.

OP, you have gone 4 times this year... time for an AP! :-) And don't forget, you'll save $30 on each DAH ticket, too.

Last edited:
We actually decided tonight that we just aren’t going to go. The plane tickets are cheap but we are going to try vacationing somewhere else. If we could do a whole week it might be different.

We always do a minimum of 10 full park days, which usually means 2 full weeks so we can have some down days.

Excellent decision! If you're going to Tokyo Disney and DisneySea.... it tops WDW in my book...... amazing place. Theming is incredible.

Life is short. Things happen. Go the entire time. You never know for certain when you'll be back.

With that said, we've been going every year for Christmas. There is so much more than you'd expect, which is why I'd advocate for an entire week. BUT I also read that you've been going a lot this year, so maybe 5 days is enough. I'd almost plan one half day around seeing all the resorts. Things I'd recommend doing outside the parks:

- Resort hop. Plan some time to ride the monorail and see the Magic Kingdom resorts. Contemporary always has a display, even if it is a tad bit underwhelming; Poly doesn't decorate much, but we always stop there; GF is the 'grand finale. Also take some time to go to the Wilderness Lodge. It's probably the best-decorated resort on property. If it's nice outside, book a carriage ride around Fort Wilderness. Some of the campers decorate better than Disney!

Then, plan a day where you go to the Epcot-area resorts. Do Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin. BW used to have a more extravagant display... it's still nice, though. Beach Club is AWESOME. It has a working carousel made of gingerbread. Yacht Club has a stuffier feel, but it's beautiful during the holidays. Swan (I think) has a towering Christmas tree made from white poinsettias. The palm trees lining the path between the two resorts are lit in red and green and "dance" to Christmas music. It's like the Osborne Lights Lite(c) ... very lite.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful, too. It's 1A to the Wilderness Lodge.

- Do Disney Springs. I know, I know - it's an "outdoor mall"... but it's fun. We like to window shop and Disney Springs should brign back the Christmas Tree Trail. It's okay. Wouldn't go out of my way, but if you're there...

Inside the parks is even more... Unlike Halloween, Christmas expands well beyond the party and the park.

- In MK you need to do Jingle Cruise and grab photos of the castle all lit up.

- DHS has new holiday offerings and Jingle Bell Jingle BAM was vastly improved this past year

- Epcot has a holiday festival and the Candlelight Processional

Not to mention, you have the regular park activities and new lands to see (depending on the last time you went)..

What I'd do:

Day 1: You're getting in late. Skip this day and relax at the resort. Go to Disney Springs that night
- Dinner at Disney Springs
- Christmas Tree Trail/shopping

Day 2:
- Magic Kingdom Resorts: Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Poly, GF
- MVMCP

Day 3: Go to Hollywood Studios
- See the new TSL: FP+ for Slinky, ToT, RnR
- Check out the Sunset Season Greetings
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM

Day 3:
- Lunch/Dinner at Disney Springs
- Disney After Hours

Day 4:
- Epcot: book a Candlelight Processional meal if available
- Go to the Epcot area and check out BC, YC, BW, and Swan and Dolphin
- Return for Illuminations

Life is short. Things happen. Go the entire time. You never know for certain when you'll be back.

With that said, we've been going every year for Christmas. There is so much more than you'd expect, which is why I'd advocate for an entire week. BUT I also read that you've been going a lot this year, so maybe 5 days is enough. I'd almost plan one half day around seeing all the resorts. Things I'd recommend doing outside the parks:

- Resort hop. Plan some time to ride the monorail and see the Magic Kingdom resorts. Contemporary always has a display, even if it is a tad bit underwhelming; Poly doesn't decorate much, but we always stop there; GF is the 'grand finale. Also take some time to go to the Wilderness Lodge. It's probably the best-decorated resort on property. If it's nice outside, book a carriage ride around Fort Wilderness. Some of the campers decorate better than Disney!

Then, plan a day where you go to the Epcot-area resorts. Do Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin. BW used to have a more extravagant display... it's still nice, though. Beach Club is AWESOME. It has a working carousel made of gingerbread. Yacht Club has a stuffier feel, but it's beautiful during the holidays. Swan (I think) has a towering Christmas tree made from white poinsettias. The palm trees lining the path between the two resorts are lit in red and green and "dance" to Christmas music. It's like the Osborne Lights Lite(c) ... very lite.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful, too. It's 1A to the Wilderness Lodge.

- Do Disney Springs. I know, I know - it's an "outdoor mall"... but it's fun. We like to window shop and Disney Springs should brign back the Christmas Tree Trail. It's okay. Wouldn't go out of my way, but if you're there...

Inside the parks is even more... Unlike Halloween, Christmas expands well beyond the party and the park.

- In MK you need to do Jingle Cruise and grab photos of the castle all lit up.

- DHS has new holiday offerings and Jingle Bell Jingle BAM was vastly improved this past year

- Epcot has a holiday festival and the Candlelight Processional

Not to mention, you have the regular park activities and new lands to see (depending on the last time you went)..

What I'd do:

Day 1: You're getting in late. Skip this day and relax at the resort. Go to Disney Springs that night
- Dinner at Disney Springs

Day 2:
- Magic Kingdom Resorts: Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Poly, GF
- MVMCP

Day 3: Go to Hollywood Studios
- See the new TSL: FP+ for Slinky, ToT, RnR
- Check out the Sunset Season Greetings
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM

Day 3:
- Lunch/Dinner at Disney Springs
- Disney After Hours

Day 4:
- Epcot: book a Candlelight Processional meal if available
- Go to the Epcot area and check out BC, YC, BW, and Swan and Dolphin
- Return for Illuminations
You must’ve missed my post saying we aren’t going anymore lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter