Will we have a hard time getting fast passes 3 weeks out?

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
We're going May 13-18 & there are 6 of us. It's harder as my kids get older, because I don't know where everyone will want to go each day. But I thought I better try to reserve some for the harder-to-get rides.

We planned a trip in 8 days last April and were able to get everything ahead of time except for FoP, but we were able to snag that one day of after using our first three. We didn't end up getting a 7DMT FP but there were a couple available- just not times we wanted so we utilized Rope Drop. SDD was not open yet.

Not likely that you will be able to get any of the popular FPs at this point in time.
Get what you can for now. Keep checking as they do turn up.
Especially the day before and day of, many FPs become available as people change their minds and cancel.
Good luck!

Your going the exact same days we are. I booked 2-ish weeks ago. I was able to get fastpasses for everything including FOP with the exception of HTT.
That one just never comes up for me.

Your going the exact same days we are. I booked 2-ish weeks ago. I was able to get fastpasses for everything including FOP with the exception of HTT.
That one just never comes up for me.
Right, but that would have put your booking day at well before the 30 day window. Since the OP is past even the 30 day window, I don't think they're going to have near as much success as you did at obtaining headliners.

OP - I agree with some of the PP's - book right now and don't expect to be able to get many (if any) of the "harder to get" fp's. But you'll still get some good rides!

I was just there on spring break, on a school trip where we couldn't make FP's until the morning we we received our tickets. We were able to get some FP's that were good. FoP never came up. I'll say we had no desire to do 7DMT or Slinky so wasn't looking.

It took me a long time to decipher "HTT."
I finally hit upon "Hollywood Tower of Terror."

It's more often abbreviated "ToT" or "TOT."

On the WDW attractions website, Disney calls it "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror"
but typing, "TTZToT" is too long. ;)

Lol, your right. I don't know why I think its called The Hollywood Tower of Terror. Was that what it used to be called at Disneyland?

Good luck book what you can, keep checking while there, just change the time ur looking for and keep trying if that will make or break ur visit. We got Everything as you’d be surprised how ( the kind people) do cancel FPS.
Enjoy... you ll have a great time.

Right, but that would have put your booking day at well before the 30 day window. Since the OP is past even the 30 day window, I don't think they're going to have near as much success as you did at obtaining headliners/QUOTE]t

Your right too! Schooled twice in the same thread! Lol.

OP-I do want to point out that I was able to get FOP after my 30 day point. I would book the ones you can and then keep checking back and see if your able to get the ones you want. The original times weren't always great so I've been tweaking them as better times become available. Try not to get discouraged. I know it's hard but just keep trying.

We're going May 13-18 & there are 6 of us. It's harder as my kids get older, because I don't know where everyone will want to go each day. But I thought I better try to reserve some for the harder-to-get rides.

You've gotten some great advice from others. I can tell you from personal experience, when I booked about 21 days out, I didn't get the best FPs. The thing was I didn't really know much back in 2015, so I didn't even know what headliners were! :rolleyes1 I will say back then and only because I thought my son and husband would like it, I was looking for TT. I believe I got an 11am or so FP for that one. Get what you can and definitely modify on the day of. I've heard many success stories from it being done that way. Good luck! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter