Winchester house in San Jose

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I have wanted to see this house since I was a teenager, but I have not placed this into my itinerary for my upcoming trip. San Jose is off the beaten path for me, but now I'm wondering if I should take the time and visit it anyway. Has anybody been and is the house as interesting as it sounds?
Thanks, Jo

Its a very cool place to visit. But what kind of trip are you taking? If you're thinking of a day trip away from DL, it's too far. But if you are going to be in northern CA, then its definitely worth it.

I would agree w/ got2travel. :earboy2: The house is very cool but if you are doing a day trip to San Jose i don't think i would do it
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: .

The house is very odd. The manner in which it was built makes for some very interesting rooms. I've never found it to be particularly freaky, just odd. If you are a fan of victorian architecture and decor you'll love this house.

Yeah I agree, the house is more of an oddity rather than scarry. To me the only worth while tours are the flashlight tours. But I do believe these are not offered all the time.

I have to agree witht he others. If you'll be in the area, do it. If not, it's a 6 hour + drive from southern California.... And as someone who spent nearly 30 years in San Jose, there just ain't much in that city to see or do.

I went there in 1988 when I was 7 and it scared the crap out of me (in a good way) :sad2: :goodvibes
If you have kids, they might have fun there, or if you are going to be in the area, you should check it out.

B9erSteve said:
If I remember correctly the flashlight tours are held during Halloween.

and any friday the 13th. We live down the street.

Pretty neat but don't go out of your way.

My kids didn't find the tour terribly interesting--I believe that they were 3 (almost 4) and 8 at the time. There's a lot of walking, so if you're taking young kids they probably won't be that thrilled. We found it very interesting, but not even the least bit "creepy".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter