Windows 98 help please

Lisa L from MI

<font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke
I want to reinstall Windows 98 on my computer...I really think there is a problem with it......I don't have the cd......but believe it is on my hard drive.....do you know what the file would be called??? I found the win98 setup.exe but I think that is something different than the "install" file. Setup, I thought is what you do "after" you "install"

Thanks
Lisa

Well, setup.exe would be the right file but I would be very hesitant to tell you that will work without a hitch. I don't know how much of the CD is actually on your hard drive or if the install will find everything it needs without looking for the CD. Without the install CD, you could get part of the way through the re-install and not be able to finish and possibly not be able to go back.

If you run "Setup.exe" from the Windows "cabs" ("cabinet" files are the compressed files that would come on floppys if you still used them, which is what you are basicaly doing), then it is supposed to check for all of the files that it needs to do a typical installation before it starts to make changes. For anyone to give you a catch all fix without having the CD or OEM disks would be irresponsible on their part. I do OEM resets every day and they rarely go smoothly either from the cabs or CD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter