Windows Vista - HELP!

pokemon_master

<font color=peach>Everybody wants to be a Munchlax
Slightly OT, but I am running out of places to go so I thought I'd ask here..

Stupidly enough, I have a Windows Vista Laptop. Don't blame me, blame Dell. They gave me NO option when it came to a windows operating system at all. If I had my way, I'd get an XP. Anyhoo, already I am starting to have some troubles that I hope that you can help me solve.

For starters, sometimes when I click Start -> Shutdown, the computer fails to shut down. No idea why; it just doesn't want to shutdown. It doesn't even get to the "Windows is Shutting Down" Menu. It normally happens whenever I wish to shutdown in case of emergance (e.g. another program is acting up). Could someone help me out here? I mean, I COULD turn it off the old fashioned way but holding the big power button, but I have done that before on the XP, and normally it eventually ends with the system not being able to recover itself.

Also, sometimes it comes up with some stupid error message over "Sonic Solutions DLC" or whatever saying that it can't be found so is going to block it everytime I load the computer. I hate this message, and was hoping that someone could help me get rid of it..

I know it's OT, but I am hoping that there are some Vista Techies that could help me out here.. :hug:

The problem has been solved, so could someone please close this for me? Thanks.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter