Windows Vista

JDH

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I'm looking for the RUN option. Have used help and it said its In Accessories. Well its not. Is anyone familiar with Vista?

I'm looking for the RUN option. Have used help and it said its In Accessories. Well its not. Is anyone familiar with Vista?

Yes, very familiar with it and not fond of it.

Open the Start menu...see the search data entry box right at the very bottom that says "Start Search"? Type in what you want to run in the search box and hit Enter. For example if you want to run the calculator you can type in calc or calculator and press Enter. To run Wordpad, type in wordpad and press Enter and so on...not very intuitive, is it?

Sara

Set up the Start button first. Right click on the Start button, select Properties. Then, on the Start Menu tab, select Customize. Select what you would like to be displayed. The menu initially is fairly clean, set up just what you would like to have here, including Run

Set up the Start button first. Right click on the Start button, select Properties. Then, on the Start Menu tab, select Customize. Select what you would like to be displayed. The menu initially is fairly clean, set up just what you would like to have here, including Run

Thank you...I didn't even know that was in there...the Search thing works but I like the Run command. Why the heck would they hide something as basic as RUN?

Sara

Thank you...I didn't even know that was in there...the Search thing works but I like the Run command. Why the heck would they hide something as basic as RUN?

Sara

I have Vista and the Run command is there. I've used it for things such as Regedit and it works fine.

Click Start
Click (or hover) on All Programs
Scroll down, click on Accessories
The RUN command is listed.

See Screen Shot:
RunCmd2.jpg

I have Vista and the Run command is there. I've used it for things such as Regedit and it works fine.

Click Start
Click (or hover) on All Programs
Scroll down, click on Accessories
The RUN command is listed.

See Screen Shot:
RunCmd2.jpg

Funny, I've been to Accessories to grab Calculator or Notepad, but never noticed Run. In previous versions of Windows, RUN was on the Start menu on the right without having to dig it out of All Programs > Accessories. It was just there by default, and it should still be there. To me that is too many steps for something that I use all the time...I like it on the menu all the time with no hunting/scrolling. So I put it there, now that I know I can customize that. :goodvibes

I really do not like Vista very much yet, and I have been using it since the day it came out, but then I felt awkward using Win XP when it first came out too, heck, I felt awkward using the first Windows, and wanted DOS back ;) I spent all of Win 3 through Windows 98SE (I skipped Win ME!) popping out to DOS for this and that. So I will eventually come to like Vista, I am sure.

To me, burying something as basic as RUN is part of the dumbing down of windows for new users...new users probably won't use Run that much because they will not be familiar with command lines (and if it is buried that deep they might not even find it...I didn't know it was there, and I am no newbie).

Sara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter