Windsor Hills- Has anyone rented from Vacation Central Florida/Dave Robison?

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
We are pondering staying off property this trip.Anyone have any experience with him? Thanks

Rented from Dave this past May. Condo was perfect for our family and we saved $$$ staying at Windsor Hills vs Disney. Furniture was new, condo very clean, had everything we needed even beach towels were there. It was great having washer and dryer, breakfast in our condo each morning, loved being able to reheat leftovers and really liked on those couple of stormy days EVERYONE had their own room to chill out in!!!

As for traffic there was never any issues and driving to the parks was faster than Disney transportation especially if you take the Sherbeth Road which brings you right past Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Would I rent from Dave again? YES!! Will I stay onsite again? Maybe (probably not) but would only stay onsite with a huge discount and if the kids don't go. We are actually choosing which house in Windsor Hills we are going to stay at and after our last visit I will definitely book thru Dave.

Thanks for the reply! We are total Disney snobs, but with the kids getting bigger the idea of more room is so appealing! I was hesitant to stay off property, so it is nice to hear that someone has had a good experience with them!!

I would also highly recommend Windsor Hills. You can get a full size house with your own pool for less than a hotel room onsite.

It's a beautiful resort about 5 minutes from the parks. That is the only place we stay when we visit Disney.

We have a reservation with him right now and he has been awesome to work with. We are really looking forward to our stay.

We love staying on property at Disney, but with our children now 22, 20, and 14, we need bigger rooms, and bigger rooms = bigger price tags! So, we've rented from Dave twice in recent years. The homes were always exactly what we had hoped, and the location is excellent. I know we will be using them for years to come!

We had a wonderful experience with Dave and would certainly use his services again. For the price of Disney resorts, I feel we don't get a good value for the money. That may change in the future, but not for now.

Bump--any recent experiences? I'm thinking of renting for my September trip. The condos are insanely low for that month, but we really want the splash pool.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This was my original post. We DID end up staying in one of Dave's condo's. Fireworks view 402. I was hesitant to stay off property (from a private renter) but I shouldn't have been. We had a great trip, the kids actually asked to stay there again this year instead of on property!

I'm leaning heavily towards Windsor Hills myself! It seems perfect. But, who is this Dave and where do I get more info about him and renting from him?!?!

I'm leaning heavily towards Windsor Hills myself! It seems perfect. But, who is this Dave and where do I get more info about him and renting from him?!?!

Never mind, I found his site!!!!! This looks VERY promising!!!!!! Thank you for posting about this!!!!

We have also stayed in one of Dave's condos (a 3 BR) and LOVED it. Will be hoping to stay again this year. It was perfect for us - tons of room, nice place, secure, quiet, very close to parks, a great price. What's not to love? :)

I just wanted to update on this thread--rather than start another.

We stayed in one of the townhouses owned by the Robinsons. There are other families who have their homes available through the agency, Vacation Central Florida.

Let me begin, I actually liked the Sat to Sat rental policy. It made it so much easier to compare apples to apples for all my quotes (on and off site). I also played with some shorter stays at other properties and the VCF quote was less or same with more days.

Booking: The deposit of $250 was submitted easily online and before hitting the submit button, we were able to read all the contract details. We received all the paperwork by email. 30 days before our stay, the remainder of the balance was charged. No work on our part.

As soon as the final payment was made, we received our door code along with check in voucher, directions to the property (very clear and concise) and information about the Windsor Hills complex facilities.

We watched the youtube video of our unit multiple times before booking and also before arrival--just to assist the kids with familiarity. It helped! DD knew exactly where her bedroom was and most importantly after a long drive, the bathroom. DS3 went directly up the stairs to "his" Mickey Mouse Clubhouse room. There were a few differences from the video--hand towels in master bedroom, placemats in dining room were different--these are things that you expect to be different especially after 2+ years and how many guests.

We found a broken drinking glass in the cupboard. DH didn't even notice it was broken until he was pouring juice, so it was an oversight of another guest, we figured. We did phone the property manager right away to inform about it. She offered to bring a replacement, but we declined--we had plenty for our stay. We also told her about one of the bar stools having loose pegs on the leg. We put it in the utility closet. Again, we didn't need it, but she did ask if we wanted it repaired while we were in the unit.

There is a binder on the tv stand where the internet codes, WH policies, safety information and also a quick list of local shopping and dining. Also, small reminder signs of the contract policies--please close doors when AC is running. I think this is good to have so that you aren't charged for an oversight--like leaving garbage in the unit.

Garbage needs to bagged in white kitchen bags, tied and then placed in the bench outside the front door. It is picked up every morning. We brought our own bags, but the unit had some available.

The security guards were great! When you check in, it can be a long line. Stay in the left lane. Right lane is for those who have already received their scan cards. Also, if you are having a delivery, phone the guard shack and tell them who you are expecting so they can open the gate.

The convenience shop had a good variety and the lady who works there is very helpful. The folks in the main office also helped us. They have extra maps and were more than willing to help us find where we were going.

We did not use the community pool as we had a pool in our backyard. But we did walk over to see it. DS3 loved the castle playground. Just a quick note--there are several play grounds and they are not at the pool. We walked around the community quite a bit and met some year round residents.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for the Robinsons and everyone over at Vacation Central Florida and in the Windsor Hills complex!

Looks like you have more than enough yay's here, but I will throw my 2 cents in... I have rented from Dave and his fellow owners for the past 5 years now, EVERY TIME, and they are amazing!! So much so, that I want to buy a townhouse and have him manage it!! We are going back in January, and my whole family begged to stay in the townhouse.... we love it!! :thumbsup2

See my recent review on the Main offsite board. Just came back from a stay at one of Dave's own units at WH. YUCK. Never again. Maybe it would have been okay if I lived in filth at home but I'm used to a clean home and his unit was NOT clean and it wasn't cleaned during my stay despite my request. My communication with Dave was awesome UNTIL I actually got there.

See my recent review on the Main offsite board. Just came back from a stay at one of Dave's own units at WH. YUCK. Never again. Maybe it would have been okay if I lived in filth at home but I'm used to a clean home and his unit was NOT clean and it wasn't cleaned during my stay despite my request. My communication with Dave was awesome UNTIL I actually got there.

Do you still feel that way after you spoke with him post-trip? Just wondering!

We stayed in unit 204B last November and everything was great! Would definitely stay there again!

This was my original post. We DID end up staying in one of Dave's condo's. Fireworks view 402. I was hesitant to stay off property (from a private renter) but I shouldn't have been. We had a great trip, the kids actually asked to stay there again this year instead of on property!

Recently talked to Dave and they redid this condo as Frozen theme in the last few weeks. How stinking cute!
We are staying in a townhouse with a pool this trip.
I was concerned after Badger girl had a bad trip, but I talked to Dave and he will meet me when I am on the way to make sure everything is up to pare. He was concerned about a recent cleaning cures sub pare work and was committed that the issue would be resolved.

With having the frozen condo now, next trip if it's a girls trip I will love to book it. This trip added a a ds and dgs, so more room needed.
Will post when I get back.

This thread is older so you have probably decided but, yes, we had a Dave Robinson property last trip. Absolutely no problems at all. Third stay at Windsor Hills. I'm going for 2 days in January and very sad that I can't do WH (not worth it with the extra fees for just two days). Otherwise, I'll never stay anywhere else. Dave's only issue is that you must book for a full week, Saturday-Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter