Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spent 2 weeks at Windsor Hills in January and another week in February. I really enjoy taking a walk each day around the community. Here are a couple photos from my walks. There is always some sort of wildlife and this time, they walked with me for a bit. The other photo is a sidewalk that runs between the condo buildings and the pond. It is always so serene back there. I like to stop by the pond to see if I can spot the alligator. I've never been able to...but others have so I will keep looking!

WH walk.jpg

WH sidewalk.jpg

Every owner is different however I will say that this is the first time I've heard of this type of practice at WH. Most WH rentals will provide you with a quote and many you can find on their website if you don't want to 'inquire' personally. If their website is not listed on WHPR, google their home name to find their website or booking site. There is also a 'book direct' Facebook page for Windsor Hills where you can post your dates & preferred home type and owners will respond if they have availability and point you to their direct site so you can get a quote or book instantly.

And thanks for the post - this one will keep me up at night...especially wondering if they have some super amazing offering like a flight simulator in their Star Wars room LOL
Nope a very basic (slightly dated) one. Good price at least on the quote. I replied I would pay the listed quote. His response “best of luck in your search”. These places are a dime a dozen. I do t understand. Hope this is just this place. Maybe this is a reason to book on VRBO or Airbnb.

How was it leaving in the middle of the day and then going back as far as parking at the Parks

I'd been a little worried about no trams at the non-MK parks. But, those parks were having people filling in the spots from the morning people that left. So we always parked rather close to the gate of our afternoon park. So we never parked far from the gates.

It also made for a more relaxing trip because we got in plenty of park time without pushing ourselves.

We've been to USF three times in the last two years on an annual pass. We always went for early entry and then left when we got tired. Then we'd relax and get a second wind and kind-of sort-of want to go back to the parks but it would be too late to bother by that point. That is where I got the deliberate mid-day break idea. Our daughter is 11 and long past naps. I think I was the likeliest to nap.

It also made Genie+ work better. The family was HS focused and after 7am those G+ times were always late afternoon.

I was able to see Jedi Retreat between guests last week - it is AMAZING! I love all the different types of theming and that no two condos/townhomes/homes are alike. And there is something for everyone.

That might been after us. Our checkout day was Sat the 11th ... 12th?
One thing that really impressed me was all the extras it had. Like a clothes drying rack, a popcorn bowl, etc. We brought games but they had games and I had to ask DD while packing up, "Is this our Uno?" It wasn't.

Our vacation this summer is lots of little stays, so hotels. But we have decided for any stay of a week+ VRBO or AirBnb is the only option.

That might been after us. Our checkout day was Sat the 11th ... 12th?
One thing that really impressed me was all the extras it had. Like a clothes drying rack, a popcorn bowl, etc. We brought games but they had games and I had to ask DD while packing up, "Is this our Uno?" It wasn't.

Our vacation this summer is lots of little stays, so hotels. But we have decided for any stay of a week+ VRBO or AirBnb is the only option.

Yes, I saw it that weekend after you left! It was ready for the next guest and I was lucky to get a peak. It gave me some ideas for my place - we are constantly updating. It's so fun to see what everyone has to offer. It's like getting the 'Star Wars suite' or 'Princess room' at a hotel except you get an entire condo/townhome/home! And I love how safe it is at WH. They are serious about security which means I sleep so much more peacefully.

Yes, I saw it that weekend after you left! It was ready for the next guest and I was lucky to get a peak. It gave me some ideas for my place - we are constantly updating. It's so fun to see what everyone has to offer. It's like getting the 'Star Wars suite' or 'Princess room' at a hotel except you get an entire condo/townhome/home! And I love how safe it is at WH. They are serious about security which means I sleep so much more peacefully.

Some little things really impressed me. Like the bathroom mats were like 2" thick and soft on the feet as you got out of the shower. You don't notice that in the photos or just looking. But, when you step out of the shower, your feet really notice.

This wasn't our first AirBnb, although we are pretty inexperienced. I've already noticed that decorating seems to follow into two categories.
Hired a decorator to get max. visual impact for min. money or
Decorated like you would for your own house.

This is the end of Windsor Hills Information Station support
Tread support will end on April 30 2023 01:26 PM!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!