Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We decided to rent a pool home for a short trip this summer! Do any Windsor Hills regulars (or just past renters) have favorite take-out restaurants nearby?

I give up; short of throwing a tomato at my Keyboard & Monitor >>>> Quote is just not working. :bored:
Thank you; I have been looking for some ExtaMagic.....and,
I just added a new restaurant map in OP #05 that hopefully will be of some help with your take-out need 2 know.
Seems that trip planning has gotten even more complex :wave2: Have a great vacation!

G'day
Pulsar

NOTE – The missing top of the restaurant map corrected 05:40am 05/27/2020

Last edited:

Thank you; I have been looking for some ExtaMagic.....and,
I just added a new restaurant map in OP #05 that hopefully will be of some help with your take-out need 2 know.
Seems that trip planning has gotten even more complex :wave2: Have a great vacation!

G'day
Pulsar

NOTE – The missing top of the restaurant map corrected 05:40am 05/27/2020

Thank you! Take out has definitely never been a factor in our Disney trip-planning process! Thanks so much for the restaurant map. I put Joe's Crab Shack, Carrabbas, Giordano's, and Chuy's on our "possible take out" line up! Now, to start a grocery shopping list :)

When we were there, they did have a lifeguard on duty all day at the top of the 2 slides in the "water park" area, telling people when it was safe to go down, etc.

There will be 2 safety employees assigned to the “water park” any time it is open .They will be stationed with 1 at the top of each of the large slides, however they are not certified lifeguards.
G'day
Pulsar

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information.
We're planning on coming for our 10th anniversary in late Feb/early March 2021 and I'm trying to decide where is best to stay. Ideally I wanted to rent DVC points and stay onsite - we stayed in a 1br at BWV last time, and it has spoilt us for anywhere else a bit. However all up there will be around 15 of us this time, so renting DVC points might be out of the question, and staying somewhere like WH or WBC is starting to look a bit more appealing.

Do you know if it's possible to find out where a townhouse/condo/pool house is located before booking it? I'm assuming you would just try and contact the owner? We'd all want to stay pretty close together, and while I think being neighbours is a bit too much to ask, I'd like to try and aim for just a couple of houses apart. Does this sound like something reasonable we could manage?

Edited to add - it looks like welcometowindsorhills actually shows you the address of the property, so that's very handy.

Last edited:

Do you know if it's possible to find out where a townhouse/condo/pool house is located before booking it?
Your edit makes my answer a whole lot easier since you aren’t looking for a direct from owner rental. The welcometowindsorhills site, after you select FIND A Sngl-Fmly HOME it will switch to windsorhillsprivaterentals (directly affiliated with the Windsor Hills Resort) If you select 6 Bedroom Homes you will see several homes that will sleep 16 guest. I did not research if two Townhomes would cost more or less than one 6 bedroom. OBTW: The 6 bedroom only has 4 bathrooms.
NOTE: If about 15 means 14 then look at the 5 bedroom Homes. (There was 3 of them)
Message me if you need more details.

PS - Too bad my preceding rambling failed to answer your main question which was what I selected to quote. Most vacation rental sites will include their Email and/or Phone contact information for potential clients to ask questions or help with other assistance. "windsorhillsprivaterentals" dosen't seem to be one of them.

G'day
Pulsar

Last edited:
@BecBennett I would make sure to ask the owners or management company about the possibility of the unit/house being sold. Since the economy has taken a dive the number of units/homes for sale in WH has shot up. We were looking at renting for Feb. but found through realtor sites that some of the units we were looking at renting are for sale. If it happens that the property is sold to a new owner my understanding is that the new owner doesn't have to honor any rental contracts. COVID-19 has really shaken things up for the travel industry.

We decided to rent a pool home for a short trip this summer! Do any Windsor Hills regulars (or just past renters) have favorite take-out restaurants nearby?

Just had to share that we had an awesome stay at Windsor Hills. And our takeout game was strong!

We did grocery pickup from Publix. There is a Publix a few miles east (right outside Celebration) and another a few miles west on 192.

We got Starbucks a couple of times. There is a Starbucks with a drive-through a few miles east on 192, just past I-4.

We did takeout from Disney Springs. You can order food to-go (and pay) on the Polite Pig website! Yum!! We also ordered Blaze Pizza to go on the Blaze website. Both were super easy to order and super easy to pick up!

We ordered curbside takeout from Tijuana Flats! I am crazy for Tijuana Flats and there are two close by — again, one in either direction on 192. Neither of them show up on Tijuana Flats website for some reason. So I found their location’s website via google. Again, order and pay online. Call when you get there and someone puts your dinner in your trunk! Totally hands free!

We are taking social distancing seriously, but with the rising cases in florida we were *totally* on our game with masks, sanitizer, and careful to keep clear of others! But we still ate great!

Just had to share that we had an awesome stay at Windsor Hills. And our takeout game was strong!
Ok... Now I’m a little jealous. It looks like you guys had a pretty good WH stay. I never have used any of the clubhouse or pool complex offerings, but did you use any of the clubhouse or pool amenities? If yes do you feel they helped to improve your stay?
G’day
Pulsar

Ok... Now I’m a little jealous. It looks like you guys had a pretty good WH stay. I never have used any of the clubhouse or pool complex offerings, but did you use any of the clubhouse or pool amenities? If yes do you feel they helped to improve your stay?
G’day
Pulsar
We've used the pool complex and other amenities (playgrounds, etc) and they are one of the main reasons we love Windsor Hills. The pool area is incredible. We always use at least 1 day of our trip as a "non-Disney" day just to enjoy that pool.

G’day
Pulsar

The pools, etc, looked like so much fun, but we steered clear this time. There didn't appear to be much social distancing happening.

Hi everyone. Had no idea there was a dedicated Windsor Hills thread here on Disboards. We're owners (a 6BR pool villa), and hopefully adding 1 or 2 more units later in 2020! WH really is a nicely kept secret :)

As recommended above, there is no reason to book through Vrbo or Airbnb. Save hundreds on fees by booking directly through WindsorHillsPrivateRentals.com -- this website is owned, managed and monitored by the HOA of Windsor Hills. Your inquiry goes direct to the owner (or a management company representing the owner).

Needless to say, it's been an interesting year...but we're seeing a lot of interest in 2021 and beyond. We're observing a huge trend (tidal wave might be a better word), of "new renters" ... people who never rented an off-site Disney house before and normally wouldn't even consider it. A lot of families don't want to squeeze a family of 4 into a Disney resort hotel room anymore in the post-Covid world, especially when an entire house is available 10 minutes away for less cost.

Happy to answer any questions, will poke my head back in when I can.

Is everything open at Windsor Hills? Most importantly the pool. Checking in on July 8.

Hi everyone. Had no idea there was a dedicated Windsor Hills thread here on Disboards. We're owners (a 6BR pool villa), and hopefully adding 1 or 2 more units later in 2020! WH really is a nicely kept secret :)

As recommended above, there is no reason to book through Vrbo or Airbnb. Save hundreds on fees by booking directly through WindsorHillsPrivateRentals.com -- this website is owned, managed and monitored by the HOA of Windsor Hills. Your inquiry goes direct to the owner (or a management company representing the owner).

Needless to say, it's been an interesting year...but we're seeing a lot of interest in 2021 and beyond. We're observing a huge trend (tidal wave might be a better word), of "new renters" ... people who never rented an off-site Disney house before and normally wouldn't even consider it. A lot of families don't want to squeeze a family of 4 into a Disney resort hotel room anymore in the post-Covid world, especially when an entire house is available 10 minutes away for less cost.

Happy to answer any questions, will poke my head back in when I can.

I just posted a question for owners a few minutes ago and found this thread. My question about owning may be off topic but if you have any info about owning send me a message. We are thinking about buying in WH.

I hope you don't mind me asking this question on this thread. What is the difference between Windsor Hills and Windsor at Westside? I stayed at Windsor Hills many years ago when it was new and loved it. But I'm wondering if it has become run down or changed in the last couple of years? I had planned to book a vacation at Windsor next year because the prices are really cheap. But I just saw a news report where police had to break up a HUGE block party at Windsor at Westide. The street was full of hundreds of people at like 2am in the morning partying and drinking. I was just wondering how this could happen if there is a gate with a guard? Do they not have a gate at Windsor at Westside? A couple years ago I stayed at Regal Palms in Davenport because of a great price, but was burned because there were parties and loud fireworks shooting off every night. It was a scary feeling for my kids. I just don't want this to happen again and so I'm wondering if I should just pay the extra money to stay at Bonnet Creek?

"martymcflyy85, post: 62151037, member: 288637"]
What is the difference between Windsor Hills and Windsor at Westside?

Yahoo!tv ...This video, shared by the Osceola Sheriff’s Office, was taken in the vicinity of Windsor at Westside, a vacation rental community located in Kissimmee, near Orlando. (Video not included)

Hi Marty
I guess Doc will not free up the DeLorean so you can check out what happened recently in the Davenport area. Seems the Osceola Sheriff’s Office was rather busy dealing with several “Block Parties” in the Kissimmee area.
There are way too many Windsor what-ever vacation places in the area. The older Windsor Palm to my understanding was developed by the same group that developed Windsor Hills but like all the Windsor what -evers none are connected to Windsor Hills.

Windsor at Westside is a rather new development in the Davenport area which is a few miles west of Windsor Hills and WDW. Wherever the future vacation home base is I hope you have a safe and great adventure.
G’day
Pulsar

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind me asking this question on this thread. What is the difference between Windsor Hills and Windsor at Westside? I stayed at Windsor Hills many years ago when it was new and loved it. But I'm wondering if it has become run down or changed in the last couple of years? I had planned to book a vacation at Windsor next year because the prices are really cheap. But I just saw a news report where police had to break up a HUGE block party at Windsor at Westide. The street was full of hundreds of people at like 2am in the morning partying and drinking. I was just wondering how this could happen if there is a gate with a guard? Do they not have a gate at Windsor at Westside? A couple years ago I stayed at Regal Palms in Davenport because of a great price, but was burned because there were parties and loud fireworks shooting off every night. It was a scary feeling for my kids. I just don't want this to happen again and so I'm wondering if I should just pay the extra money to stay at Bonnet Creek?

We rented at WH in mid-June for a Thursday-Thursday stay. Many homes seemed to be rented from just Th-Sun. The vibe changed on Sunday and the development seemed to quiet down. Nothing crazy but some loud music, some cars parked on the road instead of the overflow lot, a few fireworks (but not excessive). Nothing to deter us from coming back though.

This was our second stay at WH and love it. The exterior of the homes are kept up - but some interiors are more updated than others. I felt safe there and the gate guards seemed to do a good job.

I had read reviews of some of the newer developments. There were complaints about noise and parties. So it’s been an issue even before recent events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!